Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
who'd of thunk a 14-14 game in the first quarter with these defenses and in this weather?

Definitely not me haha.

It will be interesting to see if the defenses settle down or this ends up going on to be a 2nd half shootout.

Good game so far

edit- looking like it's going to be 21-21 going in to halftime. ;)

Last edited:

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Baltimore's special teams apparently missed the memo that this is a PLAYOFF GAME.

Neither of these teams are playing particularly well right now.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
I hate both these teams equally, but the refs are doing all they can to help Peyton win today. :rolleyes:

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
Huh ? Denver has 9 penalties.

Most of them on their defense for procedure penalties.

That spot on 4th down in the 2nd quarter was horrible.

That fumble that got called back a few minutes ago because of "hands to the face" was a terrible call too.

Looks like this current fumble is going to fall under the tuck rule, lets see if they can get this one right.
edit- That's a crap call. But it benefits baltimore.. guess its even now?

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
Most of them on their defense for procedure penalties.

That spot on 4th down in the 2nd quarter was horrible.

That fumble that got called back a few minutes ago because of "hands to the face" was a terrible call too.

Looks like this current fumble is going to fall under the tuck rule, lets see if they can get this one right.
edit- That's a crap call. But it benefits baltimore.. guess its even now?

It will be as soon as rice runs it in from the 5 yard line.

[edit] 3 yard line [/edit]

[edit] 1 yard line [/edit]

TD

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
You are MASSIVELY overrating Green Bay here, and you're underrating both Denver and New England. Both of these teams would beat Green Bay more than they would lose to them.

You write off Brady and Manning as "two old QBs". Yes, these two "old" QBs both had seasons much better than Aaron Rodgers did and were far and away the two best quarterbacks in the league (yet again). Nobody else belongs in the same category. Denver and New England have more talent at positions other than quarterback too.

Look at the defense-adjusted numbers (so you can't complain about easy schedules):

Brady: 35.1% DVOA, 2,035 DYAR
Manning: 32.7% DVOA, 1,800 DYAR
Rodgers: 23.3% DVOA, 1,444 DYAR

It's really not even that close.
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/qb

It's also absolutely mind boggling that Brady was left off the All-Pro team. He leads all QBs in ALL defense adjusted stats and leads the 3rd highest scoring offense in the HISTORY of the NFL and he only gets 3 all-pro votes? What a joke.

It's obvious that Manning got the votes because of his comeback story (and he's the media darling) but it's crazy that Rodgers got in over Brady. The ONLY thing that Rodgers had more of this year was touchdown passes (39 to Brady's 34), but the Patriots also had 25 rushing touchdowns to Green Bay's 9, many of which were 1-2 yard runs to punch it in to the end zone at the end of a 80 yard Brady-led drive.

Brady is one of the best, if not the best of all time. But three years in a row, New England has had either the weakest schedule or close to it. With that in mind, it's not really all that crazy he has been left off the list. Who you beat is just as important as the numbers your rack up.

If you remember correctly, Brady in his 20s faced a much more fierce set of competitors week after week and came up on top winning three out of three Super Bowls and this alone could place him as the greatest QB of all time, along with tough schedules and still great numbers in that part of the decade. With the big numbers in later years he produced, he lost both Super Bowls in his 30s. While a great QB in those later years, no doubt, he's not the same guy as the one we saw go three out of four years and took a no ring New England into a three ring champion.

Last edited:

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
I disagree. Manning and Brady's numbers are inflated because they play in the creampuff conference... :stirsthepot:

And creampuff divisions within creampuff conference. There's no pot stirring there, einmusiker, just simple, simple facts. I know you like GB as much as I don't like them, but we both know that right now there's no prob that Rodgers got in over Brady.

About the Brady and Manning schedule, well, duh! That's what all the analysts are saying and as much as it hurts the fragile egos of Pats and Broncos fans, there's nobody like Rodgers out there. My Niners have a great dynasty in the '80s and '90s but a big part of that was facing a weak schedule. There. I admitted it. :)

That being said, it takes way more than a QB to win a game, and the Super Bowl. I hope GB still lays an egg tonight!!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.