Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zioxide

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2006
This is the same thing as spy gate, the Saints will be made an example of and the other teams better take notice.

Yup, and I'd say a year's suspension is definitely a good example. A lifetime ban is a bit much.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
To win a super bowl, the Broncos had to sacrifice a virgin

audience.gif
audience.gif

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
This is the same thing as spy gate, the Saints will be made an example of and the other teams better take notice.

Belichick got a small slap on the wrist for spygate compared to this. Sean Peyton is personally losing out on one years salary = $7 million

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Belichick got a small slap on the wrist for spygate compared to this. Sean Peyton is personally losing out on one years salary = $7 million

I think there's some differences to the two infractions, personally. Trying to gain a competitive advantage vs. potentially injuring players. Either way, most people thought the punishments were both stiff (Pats lost 1st round pick), and therefore sent a message.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
2 points from a die-hard Jets fan:

- This is the last thing the Jets needed, more of a media circus... they should have layed low and put their heads down and gotten to work after last season's locker room debacle and negative press. I dont understand how the front office thought this made sense, except to get them on the backpages and sell more tickets (I guess that does make sense if you want to make more money at the expense of your team's success on the field)

- This could totally throw Sanchez off, he is fragile and needs consistency with Tebow coming in running plays or the wildcat it will hurt Sanchez's concentration... He needs to be in there managing the whole game in order to really develop... Plus he has to play with the pressure of having Tebow breathing down his neck, and New York fans/media asking for Tebow the minute Sanchez screws up..... Now some may say this is good motivation for Sanchez but I think it will hurt him

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
2 points from a die-hard Jets fan:

- This is the last thing the Jets needed, more of a media circus... they should have layed low and put their heads down and gotten to work after last season's locker room debacle and negative press. I dont understand how the front office thought this made sense, except to get them on the backpages and sell more tickets (I guess that does make sense if you want to make more money at the expense of your team's success on the field)

- This could totally throw Sanchez off, he is fragile and needs consistency with Tebow coming in running plays or the wildcat it will hurt Sanchez's concentration... He needs to be in there managing the whole game in order to really develop... Plus he has to play with the pressure of having Tebow breathing down his neck, and New York fans/media asking for Tebow the minute Sanchez screws up..... Now some may say this is good motivation for Sanchez but I think it will hurt him

Maybe the Jets got him to put a fire under Sanchez's butt and at the same time use Tebow to trade for a different player.

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
Who will want to trade for Tebow?

Exactly Jets only gave up a 4th and 6th rounder for him.... The only scenerio I could see is if a starting QB goes down for the season some where and a team gets desperate.

eternlgladiator

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
Twin Cities
I think it is more symbolical of the commish saying, nobody is immuned.

it's a pretty symbolic punishment if all he has to miss are the games and a paycheck since all his work is monday through friday more or less. Unless he barred from contact with the team and people then it'll probably do little to stop them from saving at least that end of things.

In my opinion they should fire both payton and loomis and be done with it.

My mistake. It was Favre they had that bounty on. Not Rodgers.

They did report there was a $5K bounty on Rodgers for the opener last year.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.