Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I'm surprised that there hasn't been any mention of the Women's World Cup being currently played in Canada. My son and I have watched a few games and have enjoyed it. Germany is looking pretty good right now, but I'm not sure if they are that good or their group was just that bad. Japan went undefeated in their group.

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
The French looked strong in their 3-0 win today over South Korea. Surprised by Australia's win over Brazil 1-0. Canada vs Switzerland coming up next.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
Interest in this has been so low here that the TV's in the sports bars here are showing men's soccer instead. Right or wrong, good or bad, women's sports just don't get much attention here.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Interest in this has been so low here that the TV's in the sports bars here are showing men's soccer instead. Right or wrong, good or bad, women's sports just don't get much attention here.

Yeah, I was at Buffalo Wild Wings over the weekend and they were showing a COPA match. I had to ask to get one of the TVs changed to the World Cup.

Reactions: JamesMike

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I'm surprised that Germany managed to pull off a win today. France out played them for most of the match.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I missed both matches today.:( However, with how Germany played against France, I think the U.S. has a good chance to beat them.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I missed both matches today.:( However, with how Germany played against France, I think the U.S. has a good chance to beat them.

The US has a solid back line, as shown by their 4 last games as shutouts, they just need to be able to finish! Here's hoping they found the key. The fact that no one is even close to the Germans in the golden boot race gives me pause.

Yesterday's games went as expected, but I was rooting for Australia and Canada. Both teams put on a great consistent fight only to be beaten. At least nether game went to PKs.

B

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
It should be a good game like last night's! Japan has been playing very nice game the whole tourney, so my money is on them to take it for a repeat final of 2011.

B

I think you are right. Japan went through the group stage undefeated, so even though I want England to win I expect Japan will.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
What a miserable way to make it to the final, Japan.

Well fought England! You really deserved 30 more minutes.

B

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.