Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
I did not receive an error code during the 2 weeks that I logged out of my main user, & logged into my "fixit" user account before closing up. Within days of returning to my regular account, the restarting due to Bridge error started again. I would love to delete this Bridge thing, "Bridge OS 4.6 (17P6610)", but can’t find it.
That cannot be deleted- the entire computer runs on that.

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2016
I did not receive an error code during the 2 weeks that I logged out of my main user, & logged into my "fixit" user account before closing up. Within days of returning to my regular account, the restarting due to Bridge error started again. I would love to delete this Bridge thing, "Bridge OS 4.6 (17P6610)", but can’t find it.
The Bridge OS is actually permanent. You need it. It’s a sub system on your computer. You’ll never find it. If your computer were an apartment with appliances you could toss out and wiring in the walls you couldn’t, this would be a case of wiring.
Listen to me very closely. As somebody who has professionally fixed Macs for over 20 years the procedure you need to go through is to migrate your user data to a new user. There is something about your user folder that is somehow running afoul of BridgeOS. You can control the user data you can’t control Bridge OS. If you don’t know how to do it, take it to a local Mac shop and show them this message. You need to have your user info migrated to a new user folder. Then everything will be fine.

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
This could be the reason why my mbp works completely fine in safe mode
Your MBP is no longer running 3rd party extensions in Safe Mode. That's a major clue.

Is there a reason why you haven't Apple Support to explain this crash for you?

It sometimes takes a week to get back to you with the reason but I've not had them fail. You need to initiate direct contact, however. Just sending them the crash reports will not fix this.

MRrainer

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2008
Zurich, Switzerland
It seems to be fixed now.

At least on my MacMini 2018, macOS 10.14.6 and Boot-ROM-Version: 1554.60.15.0.0 (iBridge: 18.16.13030.0.0,0)

I tried it twice now and it woke up without a problem.

Took a "while".

Noorar89

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2021
My 2019 16" MacBook Pro (i9) crashed today after 11.2 update and threw this message: :(

{"caused_by":"bridgeos","macos_system_state":"unknown","bug_type":"210","os_version":"Bridge OS 5.2 (18P4346)","timestamp":"2021-02-08 08:54:14.00 +0000","incident_id":"515C8C42-EDB9-4AB3-B652-D70B3FAD53A9"}
{
"build" : "Bridge OS 5.2 (18P4346)",
"product" : "iBridge2,14",
"kernel" : "Darwin Kernel Version 20.3.0: Tue Jan 5 18:50:06 PST 2021; root:xnu-7195.80.35~4\/RELEASE_ARM64_T8010",
"incident" : "515C8C42-EDB9-4AB3-B652-D70B3FAD53A9",
"crashReporterKey" : "c0dec0dec0dec0dec0dec0dec0dec0dec0de0001",
"date" : "2021-02-08 08:54:14.97 +0000",
"panicString" : "Unexpected SoC (system) watchdog reset occurred",
"panicFlags" : "0x0",
"foregroundAppHash" : "0",
"macOSPanicString" : "not yet set",
"binaryImages" : []
}

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
My 2019 16" MacBook Pro (i9) crashed today after 11.2 update and threw this message: :(

{"caused_by":"bridgeos","macos_system_state":"unknown","bug_type":"210","os_version":"Bridge OS 5.2 (18P4346)","timestamp":"2021-02-08 08:54:14.00 +0000","incident_id":"515C8C42-EDB9-4AB3-B652-D70B3FAD53A9"}
{
"kernel" : "Darwin Kernel Version 20.3.0: Tue Jan 5 18:50:06 PST 2021; root:xnu-7195.80.35~4\/RELEASE_ARM64_T8010",
"incident" : "515C8C42-EDB9-4AB3-B652-D70B3FAD53A9",
"date" : "2021-02-08 08:54:14.97 +0000",
}

That doesn't tell anybody what caused the crash.

is the symptom, not the cause.

Time for a support call to Apple.

Reactions: Noorar89

Noorar89

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2021
Now I am getting the cause I believe : "macOSPanicString" : "panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff800424205a): \"DSB0(MacBookPro16,1): thunderbolt power on failed 0xffffffff\\n\"@\/AppleInternal\/

Looks like a hardware issue with the thunderbolt controller :(

BevLA

macrumors newbie
Dec 15, 2020
People are saying "call Apple." Doesn’t fix this problem. I’ve had my 2019 Macbook Air into the Apple store (for 3 days). Since then, I’ve spent over 4 hours on the phone with them. They ended saying if I updated to Catalina it would solve the kernel panic problem; it did not. Seems to happen less frequently, but still occurs, & I’ve lost the use of some older software that now only works on my old computer. (That update did, though, leave me searching through my old 2011 MacBook’s backups to replace several missing text files that did not live through the update process.) I am having my rather expensive private Apple tech man come out next week. If he can figure it out, I’ll let you know. If he can’t? Pretty much tells me I have to live with an annoyingly problematic computer that has already cost me well over $2000 for the computer & all the various adapters needed to connect it to existing peripherals & devices. it’s more difficult for me to be the huge Apple fan that I’ve been since 1993. This has been a problem for Apple users for 2 full years! It’s time for Apple to fix it, but I doubt that will happen now that they’ve come out with their newest wiz-bang computer. Can you tell I’m frustrated? I’m certainly not saying Windows machines are better; I’m just saying Apple should be.

Reactions: mh`

mikehalloran

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2018
The Sillie Con Valley
26 out of 26 times, it did for me and my clients.

Apple Support needs to run a trace and capture the problem. Then they have to help you remove the offending files.

I recommend creating a desktop folder for those files in case it affects anything you are running but I've not had that happen yet. Every single time, it's been old .kxt files that were supposed to make an app run in Snow Leopard or Lion.
They ended saying if I updated to Catalina it would solve the kernel panic problem; it did not.
And it won't because the problem hasn't been found and removed. Mojave is still supported through November, 2021. If the tech doesn't know this, you do.

I am having my rather expensive private Apple tech man come out next week.
I'm a somewhat expensive tech. I get on the phone with Apple and talk them through what needs to be done. Sometimes it has to go to Engineering. If that happens, the case stays open and an appointment should be made to go over the results with you.

Pretty much tells me I have to live with an annoyingly problematic computer that has already cost me well over $2000 for the computer & all the various adapters needed to connect it to existing peripherals & devices.
As interesting as that may be, how much you've spent is unrelated to the issue. Just as no one is interested in the $9k+ my iMac Pro system cost me — no one.

If you are at wits end, do a clean install making sure you install only the latest versions of your apps and drivers. Frankly, I don't wish this on anyone. Last time I did that was due to a Mavericks bug in 10.9.4 which took me three days to complete (it was fixed in the 10.9.5 update a few weeks later—grrrrr).

Emiespo

macrumors newbie
Jun 1, 2020
Now I am getting the cause I believe : "macOSPanicString" : "panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff800424205a): \"DSB0(MacBookPro16,1): thunderbolt power on failed 0xffffffff\\n\"@\/AppleInternal\/

Looks like a hardware issue with the thunderbolt controller :(

Hi all... I just registered to give my two cents.

There's something really bad going on with these machines. Mine is the MBP 16 inch, 2019 (got it for work).
I've been having the discrete GPU sleep gfx issues since I got it last year.

In December there was a firmware update... the gfx issues seem a lot reduced (but still happening from time to time) but now I am getting 2 or 3 kernel panic a week. All of this is on the latest Catalina (I can't upgrade to BigSur atm).

Many different messages, including dictionary, sleep and the thunderbolt power on failure above.

I still believe there's something wrong with the firmware or the OS (so "fixable", if they wished to), this is because my gf's Mini has been upgraded to BigSur, and I can make it panic by simply turning off one monitor while Safari is playing a video. Never seen so many crashes in OSX, been using it regularly since 2006...

?

Edit: this is the GFX bug I was talking about: https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1068170

It's been open for 10 months now. Apple said initially it was Chromium's fault, then after pushback from Google (the bug also happens in Safari), finally they acknowledged there might have been an issue. This is really terrible for a 3000$ machine. I am tempted to skip the M1 now.

Reactions: mh`

Noorar89

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2021
I took my Mac to the Apple Store & they decided to change both Thunderbolt IO Boards, it seems to have resolved the issue for me. I guess the ports had short circuits or an issue with the microcontroller.

I was having a "Thunderbolt Power on Failed panic"

Jimmyyiu

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2021
Hey guys, I am here to provide my case.
2020 intel mbp 13inch Having this auto reboot while sleeping issue started about 2 month ago. Tried every software solution, reseting nvrm smic, reinstalling macos, etc, didn't work. Went to genius bar two times, changed mother board and entire topcase, didn't work. Same log report, same peoblem. I will visit the genius a fourth time in april later, but I am desperate now, wondering what else they can offer.

{"caused_by":"bridgeos","macos_system_state":"unknown","bug_type":"210","os_version":"Bridge OS 5.3 (18P4556)","timestamp":"2021-04-29 14:37:09.00 +0000","incident_id":"5804E6E5-D8CC-4536-8049-3F5B0923F785"}
{
"build" : "Bridge OS 5.3 (18P4556)",
"product" : "iBridge2,16",
"kernel" : "Darwin Kernel Version 20.4.0: Thu Mar 4 23:34:36 PST 2021; root:xnu-7195.101.1~1\/RELEASE_ARM64_T8010",
"incident" : "5804E6E5-D8CC-4536-8049-3F5B0923F785",
"date" : "2021-04-29 14:37:09.23 +0000",
}

zerishpho

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2021
Orion's Belt
Hey guys, I am here to provide my case.
2020 intel mbp 13inch Having this auto reboot while sleeping issue started about 2 month ago. Tried every software solution, reseting nvrm smic, reinstalling macos, etc, didn't work. Went to genius bar two times, changed mother board and entire topcase, didn't work. Same log report, same peoblem. I will visit the genius a fourth time in april later, but I am desperate now, wondering what else they can offer.

{"caused_by":"bridgeos","macos_system_state":"unknown","bug_type":"210","os_version":"Bridge OS 5.3 (18P4556)","timestamp":"2021-04-29 14:37:09.00 +0000","incident_id":"5804E6E5-D8CC-4536-8049-3F5B0923F785"}
{
"build" : "Bridge OS 5.3 (18P4556)",
"product" : "iBridge2,16",
"kernel" : "Darwin Kernel Version 20.4.0: Thu Mar 4 23:34:36 PST 2021; root:xnu-7195.101.1~1\/RELEASE_ARM64_T8010",
"incident" : "5804E6E5-D8CC-4536-8049-3F5B0923F785",
"date" : "2021-04-29 14:37:09.23 +0000",
}
i think you can update the bridgeOs to 5.5 now by apple configurator 2 and see if this issue is fixed

LTOM76

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2022
Whole story is here mark my words, I did a lot of research on this. The issue is due to Apple placing a non x86 command set ARM based T2 chip in between intel processor and SSD. (This happened in 2018. Any unit bought after this date is a candidate of this hardware/software error.) To conduct the command translation, they wrote the Bridge OS. Before Catalina I was getting Bridge OS kernel panics with my macbook pro and imac pro. With Catalina it has turned to “ BAD MAGIC” error.

I have files I keep to replicate the issue in front of geniuses. Because there is no console log when this happens. They take your macbook pro or imac pro in and say it is ok.

PROBABLE SOLUTIONS WHICH MAY WORK FOR SOME PEOPLE (NONE WORKED FOR ME BY THE WAY =0 )

——-TURN OFF ANY SECURTIY MEASURES THAT NECESSITATES THE USE OF T2 CHIP (SECURE BOOT, DISK ENCRYPTION ETC) from recovery screen before starting mac os.

——-reset the T2 controller: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201295#t2"

——"Another recommendation was to reflash the T2 controller firmware: https://help.apple.com/configurator/mac/2.7.1/?lang=en#/apdebea5be51"

———T2 chip query (to check whether replacement logic board is the same faulty batch or not)

Here is the method to find it:

1. Open Terminal

2. cd /usr/libexec

For short info:

./remotectl list

<your UUID> localbridge iBridge2,3 J680AP 3.6 (16P6571/16.16.6571.0.0,0) -

For all the details:

./remotectl dumpstate

I set a camera everytime I worked with the computer and showed the geniuses the videos of kernel panics. Apple support knows the bad magic error yet they make you run thru all the protocol they are given by Apple. Do not give up. Some are really rude. Push push push. I made the apple store prepare reports that the computer cannot be fixed (stamped and signed)

Both of my machines got their logic boards replaced (memory also for imac pro, for macbook pro memory and ssd is on the logic board) I got them replaced. But the issue is on going. There are reddit users reporting problems with 16” macbook pros...

Get your money back if you can, there is definitely something wrong with the T2 hardware. Had it been software, they would have solved it since High Sierra. I am having the issue since High Sierra, Mojave and now Catalina. This issue is very serious but turns out that it will be addressed just like the iphone 6s battery-gate. It took them years to admit... Please write to me and I will try my best to help. Good luck everyone.
hi..i'm Luca...and I'm having kind of the same problem. I had an auto-reboot problem after shut down and a freeze+reboot too. don't know if they were connected problems but I had to replace the logic board few day ago. now the auto reboot problem restarted..but (same as before) only if thunderbolt cable is connected (which goes to a welkin dock station where I have some drive). if you can write me in pvt I can explain better the situation and ...I need to understand if it might be related to T2 chip because..in that case I have to deal with Apple in a different way...thanks..

Iritscen

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2020
This thread has been dormant for a while so I wasn't sure if I should add an update on my own story, but this 16" MBP has been the worst Mac I've owned by far — really, the only bad Mac at all since my first in 1993. For a year after my original post in this thread, I put up with the Mac being crash-prone by avoiding doing the things that would make it crash. Finally the Mac ceased to start up at all in April 2021, and I had to take it into the Store to have the logic board replaced at my own expense (when I bought it, I didn't think AppleCare was worth the money, but apparently I was wrong).

Even after virtually every component has been replaced, I will still get a kernel panic if I plug in any USB device such as a keyboard directly after waking up the Mac. Naturally I avoid doing that, but this machine also randomly and frequently freezes for up to a second throughout the day as I use it. Any disk check that I perform reports issues that cannot be fixed. And so on. I've had to wipe the HD and reinstall the OS twice, and that's never happened once before in my history of owning Macs.

With the state of Apple's creaky software, with its long-standing bugs in the OS and built-in programs (Music.app is a disaster, and I can barely get TextEdit to function properly these days – TextEdit!), if the next Mac has issues like these then I am moving on to a cheaper alternative, because it's just not worth it anymore. But for now I'm choosing to believe that this is the one dud Mac that I'll own in my lifetime.

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2016
This thread has been dormant for a while so I wasn't sure if I should add an update on my own story, but this 16" MBP has been the worst Mac I've owned by far — really, the only bad Mac at all since my first in 1993. For a year after my original post in this thread, I put up with the Mac being crash-prone by avoiding doing the things that would make it crash. Finally the Mac ceased to start up at all in April 2021, and I had to take it into the Store to have the logic board replaced at my own expense (when I bought it, I didn't think AppleCare was worth the money, but apparently I was wrong).

Even after virtually every component has been replaced, I will still get a kernel panic if I plug in any USB device such as a keyboard directly after waking up the Mac. Naturally I avoid doing that, but this machine also randomly and frequently freezes for up to a second throughout the day as I use it. Any disk check that I perform reports issues that cannot be fixed. And so on. I've had to wipe the HD and reinstall the OS twice, and that's never happened once before in my history of owning Macs.

With the state of Apple's creaky software, with its long-standing bugs in the OS and built-in programs (Music.app is a disaster, and I can barely get TextEdit to function properly these days – TextEdit!), if the next Mac has issues like these then I am moving on to a cheaper alternative, because it's just not worth it anymore. But for now I'm choosing to believe that this is the one dud Mac that I'll own in my lifetime.
It sounds like you are using an Intel-based MacBook Pro, is that right? If so I think you were having some other kind of issue, not the one on this thread.

Iritscen

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2020
It sounds like you are using an Intel-based MacBook Pro, is that right? If so I think you were having some other kind of issue, not the one on this thread.
This thread is about problems with Intel Macs using the T2 chip, which is how I originally got started posting in this thread. It's true that some of my problems at this point might have nothing to do with the T2 chip, but frankly it's hard to know, so I think there's usefulness in documenting any and all problems with the Mac in one place. The kernel panic from plugging in USB devices after wakeup is probably due to the Bridge OS, based on the messages I would see when it crashed.

RumorConsumer

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2016
This thread is about problems with Intel Macs using the T2 chip, which is how I originally got started posting in this thread. It's true that some of my problems at this point might have nothing to do with the T2 chip, but frankly it's hard to know, so I think there's usefulness in documenting any and all problems with the Mac in one place. The kernel panic from plugging in USB devices after wakeup is probably due to the Bridge OS, based on the messages I would see when it crashed.
Oh sorry youre totally right. I was on another thread and got confused. It is about the Bridge OS error but I think your issue is still different. Best of luck.

Jazzrabbitslim

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2019

Mine is 2019 MacBook Pro 15”, I still try not to update beyond Catalina. Not want to hv any kernel panic or bridge OS issue.

Any ppl good stability with Big Sur or newer MacOS?

Bosonogij

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2023
Guys, help me decrypt the report, the MacBook A1990 core crashes to the cold all the time until it warms up

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xfffffff01195270c): ANS2 Recoverable Panic - assert failed: [11184]:HIX 50 timed out for segIdx 0x2edc in 8.1 seconds, comp FIFO count 0, bus=7, nandOp=11 - Timer(12)
assert failed: [11184]:HIX 50 timed out for segIdx 0x2edc in 8.1 seconds, comp FIFO count 0, bus=7, nandOp=11
RTKit: RTKit-2419.101.1.release - Client: t8012.release-AppleStorageProcessorANS2-1306~20457~1306~20457
!UUID: 48ea8232-3dbe-3d74-af5c-c90b6c395a39
Time: 0x00000011e5b0cb01

Faulting task 12 Call Stack: 0x0000000000015724 0x00000000000150a0 0x0000000000014eac 0x0000000000017430 0x000000000001c944 0x000000000001c7bc 0x00000000000b50e8 0x00000000000556dc 0x000000000003cc7c

Marin ASC Async error info:
l2c_err_sts 0x10001bfc00000000, l2c_err_adr 000000000000000000, l2c_err_inf 000000000000000000
lsu_err_sts 000000000000000000, fed_err_sts 000000000000000000, mmu_err_sts 000000000000000000
dpc_err_sts 000000000000000000

Mailbox (0): (0)
Inbox AKF_KIC_INBOX_CTRL = 0x00021101, AKF_KIC_MAILBOX_SET = 0x00001101
Outbox AKF_AP_OUTBOX_CTRL = 0x00021101, AKF_AP_MAILBOX_SET = 0x00000000

Attachments

• A1990 Crash.pdf
    65.3 KB · Views: 13

star-affinity

macrumors 68000
Nov 14, 2007
Guys, help me decrypt the report, the MacBook A1990 core crashes to the cold all the time until it warms up
Do you have Windows (via Boot Camp) installed?

Fixed the problem! Went to system settings and excluded bootcamp drive from spotlight indexing and that seemed to fixed the problem! No more kernel panics!

https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/wkffu5
Not sure if it's that. Anyway, this is likely not a ”Bridge OS” related Kernel Panic, so maybe something for another thread?

Reactions: Bosonogij
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.