Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DanneP

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2023
Yes, Apple charges outrageous prices. But if you really need it, then you are forced to ā€œjust hold your noseā€ and pay it. And then you can complain. If it turns out to be just too expensive and you donā€™t buy it (or any other Apple product), thatā€™s fine. But that means you didnā€™t really need it. And you can still complain. Please stop confusing a ā€œwantā€ with a ā€œneedā€.
Are you fanbois serious? šŸ˜† I don't need a lecture in semantics.

If you put it like that, no one needs a computer to begin with. We need air, water, food and shelter.

My work requires 16 GB of RAM. Do I really need 16 GB? No, I can just stop doing what I do. Or I can turn to some other computer manufacturer that doesn't charge as much for the hardware I need (or want, if you like).

• Sad
Reactions: Chuckeee

raythompsontn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2023
Or I can turn to some other computer manufacturer that doesn't charge as much for the hardware I need (or want, if you like).
Seems like you have found a solution to the cost of expanding memory on Apple products. I do not understand why you do not pursue that option instead of complaining.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuckeee

Algr

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2022
Earth (mostly)
^^Excellent summary of the issue. We should end this 18 page thread with this well reasoned post. But, I doubt it.
Me too.

Summary of the summery: Some of us need 16 gb or more of memory, and the prices Apple charges for this are insulting. Switching to Windows is very hard, so we feel trapped and abused. Apple owns the Mac and can do what they want with it. But we own the governments that make "ownership of ideas" meaningful. Shouldn't we be able to manipulate the way Apple does?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.