Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ldabadie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
I am new to mac and have enjoyed it thus far. One thing that really is frustrating me is my inability to change the clock in iCal and Mail to be 24hr. Does anyone know how to do this or how to run a script to make it 24hr ie 2042 instead of 8:42pm.

Thanks!

ldabadie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
THANKS GUYS!... next question

You were correct. going in date and time will change it in the corner of the computer, but you have to go into international settings to change it for all the programs.

I really appreciate it guys. You rock!

I'm going to try one more question -- how do you set it up in iCal so that a 15min reminder (or whatever I choose) is the default. Right now the default is no reminder and I have missed a ton of things because I am not reminded. Any ideas.

Thanks again you guys rock!

ldabadie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
wrc fan said:
You'll have to install this

thank you for that. I have installed it and the read me file says

That has become much easier now - just drag the iCalFix folder into the InputManagers shortcut - or onto your /Libraries/InputManager folder.

the shortcut doesn't work and I don't appear to have an inputmanager folder on my computer? Any suggestions?

Read no further. I got this figured out from a thread on the software webpage --see below

DS Says:
July 19th, 2006 at 7:54 am
I don’t seem to have an input manager folder… The shortcut doesn’t work and spotlight finds no such folder… Am i missing it?

Robert Blum Says:
July 19th, 2006 at 8:03 am
Ah. My bad. Apple doesn’t create that folder by default, so you need to do it by hand - installer is scheduled for 0.6.

Simply go to /Library (or the Library folder in your home directory) and create a folder called InputManagers in there. That’s all you need to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.