Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LogicPro

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2012
Guys, who decided if you get shipped w/UPS or Fedex? And how did you manage to upgrade to overnight?

Tonyren

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
New york
Code:
Location Date Local Time Activity 
Louisville, KY, United States  12/14/2012  1:09 P.M.  Departure Scan  
 12/14/2012  10:37 A.M.  Import Scan  
Anchorage, AK, United States  12/11/2012  9:10 P.M.  Departure Scan  
Shanghai, China  12/12/2012  5:12 A.M.  Departure Scan  
Shanghai, China  12/11/2012  1:56 P.M.  Export Scan  
Shanghai, China  12/10/2012  10:50 P.M.  Departure Scan  
 12/10/2012  6:41 P.M.  Origin Scan  
China  12/10/2012  7:23 A.M.  Order Processed: Ready for UPS

As you can see, it took 3 days to go from departing Alaska to arriving in KY

Thanks. I'm seriously getting annoyed by UPS now. I would understand if it was in 1960s but its 2012 now. Deliver in a few days is possible in every regard. If it was because of the holiday rush, look at FedEx. They still manage to even deliver early. But yours seems to be on its way to you. That's good man.

----------

Guys, who decided if you get shipped w/UPS or Fedex? And how did you manage to upgrade to overnight?

Based on the posts in this thread, I'm guessing who paid $30 when ordering gets FedEx and the standard ones go to UPS. But it's a speculation.
For the next day shipping, I called apple because I won't be home to sign the package and there is no way I'm leaving my imac in my front door in a NYC building for a month. So they told me they changed my delivery date and gave me 2-3 business days from the standard 5 days or something. Then a few days later it changed to next day without me doing anything. Now I see why: because it is NOT next day. It may be something just to calm me down and stop me from calling them. It worked. But now UPS is just ridiculous. My grandma can bring me imac from Shanghai faster, no kidding.

oldgeezer

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2012
Maryland
How about five minutes of thread silence in honor of the victims of the Connecticut shooting. A few prayers for the victims and their families would be welcome.:apple:

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
How about five minutes of thread silence in honor of the victims of the Connecticut shooting. A few prayers for the victims and their families would be welcome.:apple:

Definitely thoughts and well wishes to those families effected by this very tragic:mad::eek::eek:

byeehaaw

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2007
New York, NY
Next day delivery anyone?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 72

aprofetto8

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
I'm in the 2-day sleepover in KY UPS group as well.

I hope our iMacs at least snuggled close to eachother. Awkward...

jkautosports

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2012
New York, NY
Thanks. I'm seriously getting annoyed by UPS now. I would understand if it was in 1960s but its 2012 now. Deliver in a few days is possible in every regard. If it was because of the holiday rush, look at FedEx. They still manage to even deliver early. But yours seems to be on its way to you. That's good man.

----------

Based on the posts in this thread, I'm guessing who paid $30 when ordering gets FedEx and the standard ones go to UPS. But it's a speculation.
For the next day shipping, I called apple because I won't be home to sign the package and there is no way I'm leaving my imac in my front door in a NYC building for a month. So they told me they changed my delivery date and gave me 2-3 business days from the standard 5 days or something. Then a few days later it changed to next day without me doing anything. Now I see why: because it is NOT next day. It may be something just to calm me down and stop me from calling them. It worked. But now UPS is just ridiculous. My grandma can bring me imac from Shanghai faster, no kidding.

I called and asked if I could upgrade to 2-3 day FedEx shipping and they said they would upgrade me for free... I think a lot of people got the same :)

KenVal

macrumors newbie
Dec 14, 2012
New Order

I am thinking of ordering my first imac -the £ 1699 version , just basic as listed.
I note that Apple debit your debit card immediatly - any idea what current times for delivery are ? just says January. Note Amazon .de is stating available from 01/01/13 > Rubbish ? Anyone know.
Will any UK retailrs get any in 2012 ?
Rather not pay Apple for 6-8 weeks delivery.

Kronen

macrumors regular
Dec 10, 2012
Oxford, MS
Well, once I crossed the international date line to Alaska, things went relatively fast. Made it out of Anchorage in less than 1 1/2 hrs. Now I am stacked up in Louisville with everyone else. UPS gave me a Wednesday 19th delivery date. If only I had not listened to the Apple rep when she talked me out of upgrading my shipping! Actually, I can't complain about the delivery date, which is 5 days earlier than the original date. I just wish it was coming by FedEx instead of UPS. At least 80% of UPS deliveries I get come in crushed boxes. Including one of my1st day iPhone deliveries.

Location Date Local Time Activity
Louisville, KY, United States 12/14/2012 7:15 A.M. Arrival Scan
Anchorage, AK, United States 12/13/2012 9:10 P.M. Departure Scan
12/13/2012 7:50 P.M. Arrival Scan
Shanghai, China 12/14/2012 4:56 A.M. Departure Scan
Shanghai, China 12/13/2012 9:04 P.M. Export Scan
12/13/2012 5:50 P.M. Departure Scan
12/13/2012 1:19 P.M. Origin Scan
China 12/13/2012 12:02 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
Shipping Information

Our machines were plane buddies from Shanghai to Anchorage to Louisville. Nice to know that our iMacs didn't have to make the trip alone, blankly staring out the window, eating the over-salted peanuts, absent-mindedly flipping through the in-flight magazine. :D

kel5150

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2012
I called and asked if I could upgrade to 2-3 day FedEx shipping and they said they would upgrade me for free... I think a lot of people got the same :)

Yeah, I did this too this morning. The guy I talked to didn't have a problem with it. He just changed it for me for free. Now if I could only get past processing...

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
Sweet.... Now I can track it obsessively while trying to avoid the reality of life elsewhere in the country... :(:(

Flight status for FedEx 90
On-time arrives in 8 hours 16 minutes
Departure PVG 11:22pm —
Shanghai Dec 14
Arrival MEM 9:47pm —
Memphis Dec 14

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
Flight status for FedEx 90
On-time arrives in 8 hours 16 minutes
Departure PVG 11:22pm —
Shanghai Dec 14
Arrival MEM 9:47pm —
Memphis Dec 14

Nice work Razor, mine left 7:20pm Shanghai time any idea when mine will reach a destination? I don't know wether it's coming hear to California or Alaska but gotta be one of the two

Razorhog

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2006
Arkansas
Nice work Razor, mine left 7:20pm Shanghai time any idea when mine will reach a destination? I don't know wether it's coming hear to California or Alaska but gotta be one of the two

If you know the flight number (no idea how to get that), just google it and the flight tracker comes up on the results page itself. I just googled "fedex flight fdx90"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.