Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
Thank you! You've helped me out before with your coding. You are very talented. Thank you.

So cDock is your program? Impressive.

Yes I 'made' cDock but app really wouldn't be possible without other peoples great work.

It's really a great little app.

I'm on a brand new, less-than-a-month-old Macbook Pro running 10.9.3. I'm having problems with intermittently having to re-install my transparent dock - sometimes when I log in, it's back to the ugly frosty background with the crappy border/corners.

It's really hard to troubleshoot for the handful of people that have this issue because I can't reproduce it myself.

Check out the most recent version (5.2). It may or may not fix the issue. It also comes with an attempt workaround script (~/Library/Application Support/cDock/launch_fix.command) if it's still not working.

Tonight, my indicator images (that show which apps are running) have disappeared. I had replaced them with my own little black and red arrow images some days ago.

Any ideas? Thanks, wolf - you rock.

That sounds unrelated to cDock. Make sure you have "Show indicators for open applications" checked in System Preferences > Dock

You can also enable them with this terminal command:
Code:
defaults write com.apple.dock show-process-indicators -bool true; killall Dock

scapmac

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2014
When I attempted to run /Library/Application Support/cDock/launch_fix.command I realized that there is no cdock folder in application support?

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
When I attempted to run /Library/Application Support/cDock/launch_fix.command I realized that there is no cdock folder in application support?

You have to install a dock first. Also it's ~/Library/Application Support/cDock/launch_fix.command Not /Library/Application Support/cDock/launch_fix.command

scapmac

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2014
You have to install a dock first. Also it's ~/Library/Application Support/cDock/launch_fix.command Not /Library/Application Support/cDock/launch_fix.command

I have installed a dock. When I navigate to the Application Support folder through Finder, I don't see a cDock folder.

http://i62.tinypic.com/10eom5c.png

Ran ~/Library/Application Support/cDock/launch_fix.command:

scapling:~ scap$ ~/Library/Application Support/cDock/launch_fix.command
-bash: /Users/scap/Library/Application: No such file or directory

Last edited:

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
I have installed a dock. When I navigate to the Application Support folder through Finder, I don't see a cDock folder.

http://i62.tinypic.com/10eom5c.png

Ran ~/Library/Application Support/cDock/launch_fix.command:

scapling:~ scap$ ~/Library/Application Support/cDock/launch_fix.command
-bash: /Users/scap/Library/Application: No such file or directory

Once again it's NOT /Library (which you showed in your picture) it's ~/Library

/Library = /Library
~/Library = /Users/$(whoami)/Library

whoami = current user name

Also if you're going to use terminal you need to either use quotes or an escape character for the space.

Code:
~/Library/Application\ Support/cDock/launch_fix.command

~/Library/"Application Support"/cDock/launch_fix.command

/Users/$(whoami)/Library/Application\ Support/cDock/launch_fix.command

scapmac

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2014
Once again it's NOT /Library (which you showed in your picture) it's ~/Library

/Library = /Library
~/Library = /Users/$(whoami)/Library

whoami = current user name

Also if you're going to use terminal you need to either use quotes or an escape character for the space.

Code:
~/Library/Application\ Support/cDock/launch_fix.command

~/Library/"Application Support"/cDock/launch_fix.command

/Users/$(whoami)/Library/Application\ Support/cDock/launch_fix.command

Each one ends up with the same thing.

Code:
scapling:~ scap$ ~/Library/"Application Support"/cDock/launch_fix.command
login item UNKNOWN

Now we need to install the SIMBL plugin at /Library/ScriptingAdditions/
Since this is a system location you must enter the admin password.

The code that will be run is as follows:

sudo cp -frX "/Users/scap/Library/Application Support/cDock/SIMBL.app/Contents/PlugIns/EasySIMBL.osax" "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/EasySIMBL.osax"

cp: /Users/scap/Library/Application Support/cDock/SIMBL.app/Contents/PlugIns/EasySIMBL.osax: No such file or directory

It doesn't even ask me for a password.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA

Code:
login item UNKNOWN

sudo cp -frX "/Users/scap/Library/Application Support/cDock/SIMBL.app/Contents/PlugIns/EasySIMBL.osax" "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/EasySIMBL.osax"

cp: /Users/scap/Library/Application Support/cDock/SIMBL.app/Contents/PlugIns/EasySIMBL.osax: No such file or directory

They all do the same thing because they're all the same command. Those were just three examples of the proper way to write it.

Obviously it's not asking for your pass because the file it's trying to move is not there. You can copy the file manually from inside cDock it's at:
Code:
cDock.app/Contents/Resources/app_support/SIMBL.app
and needs to be moved to:
Code:
~/Library/Application Support/cDock/SIMBL.app

Are you sure you've tried installing a dock first though because if you had then that should already be there...

c0ppo

macrumors 68000
Feb 11, 2013
Using this from the very start. Excellent little app. Didn't even bother upgrading it since it worked perfectly in my case.

But got a new mac, wanted to start fresh so no time machine backup. Installed latest version and this is simply amazing! I especially love the fullscreen dock, always wanted a dock to be like that. Just added a little hack by pushing icons to left from centre (using horizontal dock).

Now it's looking really great, and still no problems. So I really want to thank author of this little app. Thanks man, I know it's not much, but... ;)

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA

Code:
login item UNKNOWN

Do you by chance have your user account located off your boot drive?

Using this from the very start. Excellent little app. Didn't even bother upgrading it since it worked perfectly in my case.

But got a new mac, wanted to start fresh so no time machine backup. Installed latest version and this is simply amazing! I especially love the fullscreen dock, always wanted a dock to be like that. Just added a little hack by pushing icons to left from centre (using horizontal dock).

Now it's looking really great, and still no problems. So I really want to thank author of this little app. Thanks man, I know it's not much, but... ;)

Thanks.

the3ye

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2013
I love fullscreen vertical dock. Quick question, any way to stop it from resizing when adding new icons/opening apps not from dock? Dock's width shrinks slightly, and it's annoying a bit.

w0lf

macrumors 65816
Feb 16, 2013
USA
I love fullscreen vertical dock. Quick question, any way to stop it from resizing when adding new icons/opening apps not from dock? Dock's width shrinks slightly, and it's annoying a bit.

Not seeing this... Take 2 screenshots of the dock 1 before you open an app and 1 after. They can just be 100 x 50 starting from the edge of the screen.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Running the installer doesn't seem to have any impact whatsoever. I hear ping.aiff, and my Dock seems to respawn, but it definitely doesn't look any different than stock. I have tried killall Dock, and rebooting, but either way, there's no perceptible change. Any ideas?

((( UPDATE )))

Well, I got it working manually. Thanks!

Where did you get the indicator light files?

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
Sorry for the thread jack. :)
What's the situation using cDock in Yosemite?
Haven't downloaded the OS yet but I am considering installing it on my second backup Mac, a non-production 2011 Mini machine.
Should I completely uninstall cDock prior to the install of the new OS?

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
Haven't downloaded the OS yet but I am considering installing it on my second backup Mac, a non-production 2011 Mini machine.

Don't need to 'uninstall' but I've never tried cDock with Yosemite since I joined the public beta, it just sat amongst my apps. Yosemite's 2D dock is what I was generally after on Mavericks.

davidlv

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2009
Kyoto, Japan
Oopps! Accessed the Souceforge HP for cDock, there in plain black ink, compatible with Yosemite. Cue the face palm image :eek:

DrkStr

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
Santa Cruz, CA
Has anyone noticed if you have the dock positioned on left or right in 10.9 it loses it's 3d and becomes frosted glass? I've been using it like this for the last 5 months and literally just realized this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.