2g Nanos & Shuffles...gapless playback?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Danny Futuro, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Danny Futuro macrumors member

Can anyone confirm whether or not the 2nd gen nanos and shuffles have gapless playback? I hope it isnt limited to just hard disc ipods.

I listen to a ton of DJ mixed dance music while working out and running, so hopefully the new flash based models will have the gapless feature.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

IIRC, SJ said the Nano had gapless... not sure about the shuffle.

3. Danny Futuro thread starter macrumors member

sweeeeeeeeet. if the shuffles have it, then apple's got at least 3 of em sold to me.

4. milo macrumors 604

I haven't seen an update for the 1G shuffle yet, without it no gapless playback as well as some of the other new features like skip count/last skipped.

Can anyone confirm? Did I just miss something?

5. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I had an update download for my shuffle, but it was the most recent one from a few months ago. I doubt they'll put the gapless playback on the shuffle as most people listen to their music on shuffle rather than on sequential playback.

6. milo macrumors 604

That's no excuse to not do it, I hope there's an update soon. And what about skip count/last skip?

7. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Like I said in the other thread, because it's the 1G shuffle, it probably won't get it and I don't expect it to. My 3G iPod isn't going to get the update, so why should the old shuffle?