Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danny Futuro

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
Can anyone confirm whether or not the 2nd gen nanos and shuffles have gapless playback? I hope it isnt limited to just hard disc ipods.

I listen to a ton of DJ mixed dance music while working out and running, so hopefully the new flash based models will have the gapless feature.

Danny Futuro

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 1, 2006
sweeeeeeeeet. if the shuffles have it, then apple's got at least 3 of em sold to me.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
I haven't seen an update for the 1G shuffle yet, without it no gapless playback as well as some of the other new features like skip count/last skipped.

Can anyone confirm? Did I just miss something?

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
milo said:
I haven't seen an update for the 1G shuffle yet, without it no gapless playback as well as some of the other new features like skip count/last skipped.

Can anyone confirm? Did I just miss something?

I had an update download for my shuffle, but it was the most recent one from a few months ago. I doubt they'll put the gapless playback on the shuffle as most people listen to their music on shuffle rather than on sequential playback.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Warbrain said:
I had an update download for my shuffle, but it was the most recent one from a few months ago. I doubt they'll put the gapless playback on the shuffle as most people listen to their music on shuffle rather than on sequential playback.

That's no excuse to not do it, I hope there's an update soon. And what about skip count/last skip?

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
milo said:
That's no excuse to not do it, I hope there's an update soon. And what about skip count/last skip?

Like I said in the other thread, because it's the 1G shuffle, it probably won't get it and I don't expect it to. My 3G iPod isn't going to get the update, so why should the old shuffle?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.