30GB iPod battery problems

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by jpalm135, Aug 23, 2003.

1. jpalm135 macrumors newbie

I recently purchased a new iPod and was totally impressed with it until I noticed that the battery life was way beyond normal. My battery runs out after about 3-4 hours of using it and it is really frustrating. It also says in the manual that it should take 4 hours to fully recharge it and it only takes mine about 2 and a half. Please, suggestions...or if anyone else is experiencing this let me know.

2. ewinemiller macrumors 6502

Can't say I'm experiencing it. My 30gig iPod is completely dead after only about 30 days. Won't recharge, turn on, reboot, nothing. I'm going through the last ditch, leave it completely unplugged completely for 24hours and then try charging it again outlined in the troubleshooting guide, but I'm not optomistic.

So far I've been happy with it as far as feature/function, but quality wise it's a complete piece of crap. I often have to reboot it because it goes to sleep and won't wake. About half the time the Mac won't recognize it when I put in the cradle and now it's just dead, a $500, 6.2 ounce paperweight. Good thing it's still under warrenty; I guess I'll be calling them Monday.

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

sounds like two defective iPods. hope you both have better luck with replacement--

pnw

4. Anna macrumors regular

There are many things that make the iPod discharge quicker like if it is cold the battery will run down faster and if a full charge is not performed at least every 3 weeks (run down 'till its dead and then charge it up) It may help to give that a try if not return it. I found that I could only get 3-4 hours out of my 20GB where the predicted playtime was 10hrs. After that it worked fine

goodluck

5. abevcole macrumors newbie

My Ipod died too

They die, what can i say, without abuse, Pay a lot of money, and last less than a year, not what I bargained for

6. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

In Two and a half you get hyper charge, which lasts only a few hours, if you charge for the full time period, the battery should last.

TEG