Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpalm135

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 23, 2003
WI
I recently purchased a new iPod and was totally impressed with it until I noticed that the battery life was way beyond normal. My battery runs out after about 3-4 hours of using it and it is really frustrating. It also says in the manual that it should take 4 hours to fully recharge it and it only takes mine about 2 and a half. Please, suggestions...or if anyone else is experiencing this let me know.

ewinemiller

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2001
west of Philly
Can't say I'm experiencing it. My 30gig iPod is completely dead after only about 30 days. Won't recharge, turn on, reboot, nothing. I'm going through the last ditch, leave it completely unplugged completely for 24hours and then try charging it again outlined in the troubleshooting guide, but I'm not optomistic.

So far I've been happy with it as far as feature/function, but quality wise it's a complete piece of crap. I often have to reboot it because it goes to sleep and won't wake. About half the time the Mac won't recognize it when I put in the cradle and now it's just dead, a $500, 6.2 ounce paperweight. Good thing it's still under warrenty; I guess I'll be calling them Monday.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Originally posted by ewinemiller
Can't say I'm experiencing it. My 30gig iPod is completely dead after only about 30 days. Won't recharge, turn on, reboot, nothing. I'm going through the last ditch, leave it completely unplugged completely for 24hours and then try charging it again outlined in the troubleshooting guide, but I'm not optomistic.

So far I've been happy with it as far as feature/function, but quality wise it's a complete piece of crap. I often have to reboot it because it goes to sleep and won't wake. About half the time the Mac won't recognize it when I put in the cradle and now it's just dead, a $500, 6.2 ounce paperweight. Good thing it's still under warrenty; I guess I'll be calling them Monday.

sounds like two defective iPods. hope you both have better luck with replacement--

pnw

Anna

macrumors regular
May 25, 2003
Australia
There are many things that make the iPod discharge quicker like if it is cold the battery will run down faster and if a full charge is not performed at least every 3 weeks (run down 'till its dead and then charge it up) It may help to give that a try if not return it. I found that I could only get 3-4 hours out of my 20GB where the predicted playtime was 10hrs. After that it worked fine

goodluck

abevcole

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2003
calif
My Ipod died too

They die, what can i say, without abuse, Pay a lot of money, and last less than a year, not what I bargained for

TEG

macrumors 604
Jan 21, 2002
Langley, Washington
In Two and a half you get hyper charge, which lasts only a few hours, if you charge for the full time period, the battery should last.

TEG

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.