Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hgfjhbvytjdnb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 8, 2022
My brand new 4 port Belkin charger capable of 140W stopped charging my M1 Pro Mac (running Sonoma) when it'd gone to sleep. I'm using Apple's stock magsafe cable, which was previously plugged into Apple's stock USB C charger, neither of these ever caused any issues. When plugged into the Belkin on its own it reports 100W power adapter, with other devices it drops to 65W (so as per Belkin's spec).
Restart made it connect to the charger again.

Has anyone had similar experiences with 3rd party chargers? Quick google returned one thread describing similar but not exactly same situation and it seems that Apple did something with Sonoma which trips non Apple chargers... That's be a pretty sht situation if it's true. https://forums.developer.apple.com/forums/thread/738811

In case anyone asks, I have 2 other devices plugged into this charger at the same time - one is an iPad - and they are showing as plugged in so the charger itself seems OK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.