Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aussie_geek

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Sydney Australia
Has anyone had bad luck like this? I have my 20 inch cinema display hooked up to my G5. In the last 2 days, I have had one stuck pixel (pixel is always on), one dead blue pixel (black when pixel tested on blue) and while the screen is black, two pixels that remain white!! :eek:

I have managed to fix the stuck pixel using the massage method. I have not been able to shift the other 3 as yet. How long should I persist in getting the others back to normal (if they will).

On the other hand, I must be having a real streak of bad luck and should quit while I am ahead. Massaging the other pixels could do more harm that good. what do you think??

One other thing, I noticed all of these problems occurred after using my new G5 with it last week. It was fine under panther, now Tiger is on, all of this happens. Do you think it could be Tiger that is doing this?? I routinely check my screen (once a week) for dead pixels. This time I have found 4 in 2 days.......

aussie_geek (currently cursing his 20 inch display)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.