Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

25wood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2022
I have an Iphone 4s that I have in the car as an emergency backup. Switched it on after many months and message to update it. The phone was working perfectly but I confirmed to update. What a mistake. I presume it was on firmware 6.1.3. and the update was to IOS 9. I now have a screen with itunes logo and the usb monogram (recovery mode).

Plugging the phone into either a 64 bit pc or IMAC desktop both with the latest version of I tunes shows the phone in recovery mode and says it is being restored. The restoration bar on the phone gets three quarters along and a message comes up error 29 which I understand is a battery error if the original battery is not in the phone. I have found an original battery on e bay taken out of a phone and I am waiting for it to arrive to see if it cures the problem

In the mean time I have tried the update on a 32 bit computer running latest I tunes and the error comes up (iphone cannot be updated. 'The disk you are attempting to use is full'). Cannot do anything about this as I cannot get into the phone.

As a newbe I presume the 6.1.3. Firmware is still in the phone so can I jailbreak from the itunes logo screen (recovery mode ) to at least get the phone to operate.
As said in other posts Firmware 6.1.3 is only available in unsigned form so I presume is useless.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.