5g ipod and photo problems...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by puckhead193, Dec 26, 2005.

1. macrumors G3

puckhead193

I transfered my music to the ipod as well as some movies, and it looks great i love it.... i can't wait to take it out and use it for real. I wanted to see how my photo's looked so i attached the ipod to the computer and selected a few albums and it finished loading so i disconnected it and went to look at my photo's only to find out that only a few photo's transfered and some albums didn't transfer at all..... I tried it again and nothing worked. I restored the ipod several times and i keep on getting the same thing. I looked at my pictures and they are jpeg's so that's not the problem..... I definitely have more then enough room on my ipod to store them...
    I don't know what else to do/wrong... any ideas,
    Thanks!
    PS anyone else like the start up apple in silver with a black background... i think it looks nice....

2. thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

anyone?:confused: :eek:

3. macrumors 68000

wwooden

Are you photos in iPhoto? How are you transferring them to the iPod? If they are in iPhoto, there shouldn't be a problem, just check the iPod preferences in iTunes when the iPod is connected.

4. thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

they are in iphoto.... i'm transfering them using itunes in the menu to select photos.. you can select which album you want or all. If i choose all the same photo's won't load either...

5. macrumors 6502

Is there anything else on your iPod (in disk mode) that could be taking up the space? Are you copying over full-resolution copies of the photos as well?

6. thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

nope and nope..... i have 37.8 GB free

7. macrumors 68000

seenew

I haven't used iPhoto to transfer photos to mine, because it's not organized into albums, and I wouldn't want to transfer all 8,000 of them-- but I just told iTunes to read my photos from a single folder, and that worked well, I have 350~ photos on mine.

Maybe you should just use a folder instead?

8. thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

i would like to use the iphoto way cause my photo library is organized in different libraries.
    any one else with any ideas..

9. macrumors newbie

is iphoto compatible with windows or is it stricktly mac?

**MusicDomain**

10. thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

iphoto is a mac program..its part of the ilife suite..so its not available for windows

11. macrumors regular

MusicDomain, iTunes for Windows supports Adobe Photoshop Album for organizing photos (free Starter Edition available here).