Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HDJulie

macrumors demi-goddess
Jun 13, 2008
Little Rock, AR
Silver 16 GB.

I ordered as soon as the site went live at 2 am CDT.

I alos chose overnight shipping and paid the extra $14.95.

So you ordered through the regular site. I've got a discount through work & though I get nothing off the price of phones, my orders go through the Premier site which I think has automatic overnight shipping. I wasn't offered any choice.

thematt

macrumors member
Oct 19, 2010
Silver 16 GB.

Damn, i'm jealous. I ordered the Silver 64GB when it went live on Apple.Com and chose expedited shipping for $10 more (which i've read is useless because they don't actually speed up anyones shipping?) but mine is still processing. -.-

Congrats on shipping!

Gincoma

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2013
I ordered last night thru Apple.com and ships in 1-3 business days and gets here Sept 30-Oct 2nd. Not sure if thats good compared to what others are getting theirs

Rgladman

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
Central Ohio
mine says delivery for monday and i didn't choose the overnight shipping

Congrats, there goes $14.95 down the drain.

----------

So you ordered through the regular site. I've got a discount through work & though I get nothing off the price of phones, my orders go through the Premier site which I think has automatic overnight shipping. I wasn't offered any choice.

Yes it was the regular site.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Silver 16 GB.

Nice, mine is 32GB silver, still hasn't' updated from the original 1-10 oct date. You made me refresh like 10 times lol

What do you mean fedex site has the information?
Once it 'ships' they give you a tracking number, that number you put it into FEDex.

I believe we Premier get next shipping and like you I didn't get options for shipping.

I bought some cases last week through the normal site and got free 2 day shipping so I think the options are either 2 days for normal and overnight is the other option.

Rgladman

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2011
Central Ohio
Nice, mine is 32GB silver, still hasn't' updated from the original 1-10 oct date. You made me refresh like 10 times lol

I'm not sure refreshing the order status site will give you the correct information.

I just looked at it again and it still says preparing to ship.

LyricalMenace

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
Has anyone checked their statement to see if AT&T has taken the money out of their account yet? Trying to do some investigation for my friend who ordered through AT&T site.

StuddedLeather

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Brooklyn, NYC

I'm not sure refreshing the order status site will give you the correct information.

You give us all hope :)

Because mine still says Preparing to Ship. At least it's past the "Processing" stage.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009

So wait for the shipping email then?

You give us all hope :)

Because mine still says Preparing to Ship. At least it's past the "Processing" stage.

Mine still says 'processing' and I ordered a few minutes before it went live.

outie2k

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010

You ordered a few minutes before midnight, not before it went live. The site went live about 10min before midnight.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
You ordered a few minutes before midnight, not before it went live. The site went live about 10min before midnight.

fine... ketchup and catsup... congrats?

Also, if you are nitpicking then "midnight (Pacific)"

richard371

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Mine says preparing to ship. But the ship dates say between 10-1 and 10-10. I thought preparing to ship means they have it and are packaging it?

StuddedLeather

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Brooklyn, NYC

You should be fine then. I ordered from AT&T at 8am this morning (long story!) If mine is already preparing for shipment yours should be somewhere ahead.

Which model and color did you order? Maybe that will make a difference. But I ordered the Gold 32GB so I'm expected some time in October (though I'll take it sooner if it came).

pdxa4

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2008

Mine is also the same as in order status, order status shows "preparing to ship". The date is still showing as 10/1 - 10/10 but I'm sure this would be updated when a tracking number is issued... (Gray 64GB 5S)

SirOmega

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2006
Las Vegas
I just checked my order status from 12:25AM PDT and it says 10/21-10/30. I have to assume thats wrong since I bet I'd be able to find stock in the Apple stores sooner than that.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
You should be fine then. I ordered from AT&T at 8am this morning (long story!) If mine is already preparing for shipment yours should be somewhere ahead.

Which model and color did you order? Maybe that will make a difference. But I ordered the Gold 32GB so I'm expected some time in October (though I'll take it sooner if it came).

I hope so. Weird they haven't updated it nor charged me yet. I paid w AMEX maybe their system is slower than VISA. Got a 32GB Silver so stock quantity is a good possibility for the delay.

----------

I just checked my order status from 12:25AM PDT and it says 10/21-10/30. I have to assume thats wrong since I bet I'd be able to find stock in the Apple stores sooner than that.

I will take that bet... Depending on the model you want lol

Steviejobz

macrumors 68020
Jun 19, 2010
SoCal
I have always ordered through AT&T and never had an issue. But they usually stuck to their guns about shipping times. Fortunately their site went live about 5 minutes before Apple and once I saw 7-14 day and 7-28 day waits, I knew AT&T had no guidance from Apple on supply so I went Apple.com (the app actually) and did my business there. I think with the 5C launch simultaneously the 5S supply chain got clearly backed up. Adding to the issues is a simultaneous global launch with dozens more carriers who want to wet their beaks.

Spacial

macrumors 6502
Aug 29, 2013
I ordered my wife's 16GB silver about 2:10am CST, and received a confirmation email at 2:17am CST. When ordering it said 7-14 days to ship. I thought that was fine. The reason I was using the AT&T site was because apple.com was rejecting my order because my shipping address, which it auto populated, did not match my billing address for AT&T. It totally matches & it doesn't let you change it, but whatever.

I get an email this morning that says my wife's phone won't ship until 10/21-10/30? Anyone else who ordered from AT&T getting this long of a lead time? I don't want to cancel and order from Apple in case it messes with my upgrade. I had zero issues ordering my 5 this way.

Venting/checking to see what others would do in this situation.

Thanks!

Andrew
Apple loves to make themselves look good by making the carriers wait.

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
I believe we Premier get next shipping and like you I didn't get options for shipping.

I didn't know that. I ordered from a Premier rep this morning because of an issue with an order I placed online and she said she was waiving the shipping charges. I didn't know there would be any or how it's being shipped. Duh.

Also, if you are nitpicking then "midnight (Pacific)"

C'mon, make it hurt. Midnight Pacific Daylight Time. :D

Has anyone checked their statement to see if AT&T has taken the money out of their account yet?

Yes, my Visa card was charged. Once for the 12:02 AM order which I cancelled and then again for the 10 AM order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.