Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

max pl

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
i'm trying one last restore and if it doesnt work i'm contacting support tomorrow.

do they usually send you a new phone through mail or must you go through a carrrier or apple store?

DVDxR

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
Well resetting the network settings didn't fix it. Playing with it more today and it appears to be an app causing this. Haven't narrowed it down to which app yet, but if I kill all my apps battery life returns to normal. Note that I didn't have to do this before the 6.0.1. update. I barely used my phone this morning and it completely drained in under 4 hours :eek:

I suspect it's either one of the built in apps, or something else I use a lot is not reacting nicely to the update.

Also, the phone gets warm when this happens, so it's transferring data somewhere. Turning off WiFi really kills it.

iAlphard

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2012
Definetly better on my ip4s. I haven't charge it yet since friday morning before i went to a trip. After the update, my naked iPhone rarely feels warm. But i don't game on the phone, just browsing, banking, youtubing, social apps like fbing and whatsapping.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 86

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
I understand its still day 1, and that people won't know their battery situations for a few days, but I wanted to at least start a thread so people can discuss what they are seeing.

I haven't updated yet because I have never had more amazing battery life on my phone, I average about 10 hours of usage and 30 hours of standby with moderate usage. My iPhone 4S was barely 5 hrs usage and 10 hrs standby, so I am hesitant to update just yet.

Basically I average about 1 hour usage per 10 percent battery burned.

So when you start getting a feel for the battery life in 6.01, feel free to share, I am sure I am not the only one who is waiting to update...Thanks.

I got great battery, 7.5 hrs usage, 1.5 days standby and I still had 25% left when I plugged it in

fins831

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2011
Yeah I just had 1 day , 8 hours standby, 5 hours usage....and had 39 percent left.

Def the same or better....I took the plunge

segalas

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2007
This was already mentioned in previous threads, but...

Have any of you tried turning off "Set Automatically" in Date & Time?
I'm fairly certain there is a glitch within that area as when I turned mine off my battery life was/is substantially better.

Wolf Gang Fresh

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia

I'm fairly certain there is a glitch within that area as when I turned mine off my battery life was/is substantially better.

Maybe your right, i remember turning that off as i never needed it, and my battery has been better since

max pl

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
sweet jesus...

seems like a full deplete of the battery solved my problem.
i'm still at 100% charge after idle overnight.

now to see if it turns off at 15 to 20% like its been doing, and whether all the app crashes continue.

MrKambo

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2012
Just another quick update, I love this update!! My battery is amazing!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Aniseedvan

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2012
UK
Realise you are all mentioning iPhones but this update has improved my ipt5 and ipad3. Ipt5 currently on 5h usage, 2d standby and on 45%.
Have updated sons ipt4 in the hope it'll help (he plays nothing but games on it)

twong82

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2008

Thanks! This worked for me. My battery on my iphone 5 didn't drain as fast until I updated to 6.0.1 . Battery would die in less than a day without doing much (was losing approx 1% every 5 mins nothing running in background, no bluetooth, the screen brightness 40% with autobrightness turned off). Turned off push and other things and still didn't fix the issue until i turned off the "set automatically".

Last edited:

The Phazer

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
London, UK
After a few days now I think I can safely say that it's made no difference.

Which means fairly weak performance compared to iOS 5 still.

funkytwn

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Iphone battery problem fix!!

Goto settings and click on icloud. Scroll down to safari and stop icloud from syncing safari and tell it to delete any information stored on your phone. Once that is done slide it back if you want. Poof battery problem fixed. With the upgrade of iOS6 there is an errorlog between safari and icloud that gets stuck in a loop...this causes it to constantly run and stream between your phone and the cloud...hence draining your battery like you are constantly downloading and uploading non-stop. By deleting the safari files you clear the log and fix the problem....it takes literally 1.5 minutes to fix...spread the word...

This does not affect everyone as everyones log does not get jacked up in the upgrade....BUT...for those of us that it did, we know turning off location services, etc is not gonna fix that kind of drain...I was draining 10% life an hour and my phone was smokin hot!! slide the bar, erase the files, clear the log, all better.

cpnotebook80

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2007
Toronto
Goto settings and click on icloud. Scroll down to safari and stop icloud from syncing safari and tell it to delete any information stored on your phone. Once that is done slide it back if you want. Poof battery problem fixed. With the upgrade of iOS6 there is an errorlog between safari and icloud that gets stuck in a loop...this causes it to constantly run and stream between your phone and the cloud...hence draining your battery like you are constantly downloading and uploading non-stop. By deleting the safari files you clear the log and fix the problem....it takes literally 1.5 minutes to fix...spread the word...

This does not affect everyone as everyones log does not get jacked up in the upgrade....BUT...for those of us that it did, we know turning off location services, etc is not gonna fix that kind of drain...I was draining 10% life an hour and my phone was smokin hot!! slide the bar, erase the files, clear the log, all better.

mine was set to off and still issues. I notice that on wifi the new 6.01 battery life seems to hold and is fine. However, on LTE, its like watching a clock tick down on battery bar. what else is new with these updates :mad:

funkytwn

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
xx

mine was set to off and still issues. I notice that on wifi the new 6.01 battery life seems to hold and is fine. However, on LTE, its like watching a clock tick down on battery bar. what else is new with these updates :mad:

What I did originally was delete my Icloud account all together. My battery life was instantly better, but of course I had no contacts...I re-installed icloud and left off passbook and safari and I was holding stong...turned back on safari and I'm still good...I read a dozen other places later that it was only safari...mine was loosing literally 10% life an hour before I did that ;(

Theblurayfreak

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
After a few tweaks I can say I've been happy with my battery life ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352138134.299213.jpg . The majority of the time I was web browsing and playing a few games.

max pl

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
yeh my battery is killer after that drain down to 0%.

may actually be better than 5.x.x or whatever the last good firmware was.

HiddenPuppy

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2011
Mine has actually gotten worse. Before this update I had great battery life and now it stinks. I could get easily 18 hours with heavy use and not I am lucky to get 12-14 hours.

:(:(

mortenandersen

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
Norway
Better or worse?

yeh my battery is killer after that drain down to 0%.

may actually be better than 5.x.x or whatever the last good firmware was.

Ignorant as I am, I am not certain about what you mean. I think you mean that the battery time has been better after the upgrade to 6.0.1 and the drain down to 0%. Is that so? Have I understood your post right?

max pl

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
no, i'm referring to the calibration method of draining the battery down to 0%, leaving it dead for a bit, and then recharging it. the battery memory, or whatever its called, clears and any battery issues are fixed.

ive done this before with previous phones and it often seems to fix many battery issues.

last time i recall doing this with a 3GS and did it twice just to be sure, but right now i'm getting incredible battery life after the first time trying it, so i wont bother with another calibration.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.