Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danoc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2011
is there anyone who has had experiences with both the Smart Battery Case (on an iPhone 6 of course) and an iPhone 6 Plus and can relate how is the battery life and the weight difference between the 2 options?

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I can't relate to battery life, but I can definitely tell you that the difference in weight is substantial. I looked at 3 or 4 various models in our local store here in Texas, and changed my mind about buying one even though the prices were attractive.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
The case itself is 3.6oz, which translated to almost 1/4 pound. My wife had one and the battery life was good but she couldn't get over the weight and girth. She got it because she forgets to charge some days and it effectively doubled her battery life. She opted for a thin clear case and trying harder to remember to charge lol.

Reactions: akash.nu

mjschabow

macrumors 601
Dec 25, 2013
Smart battery will get you a little more juice but it definitely makes the 6 much heavier. Ultimately I like the Plus more because you can still easily get through a day or two without adding a fetus attached to the back.

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
The case itself is 3.6oz, which translated to almost 1/4 pound. My wife had one and the battery life was good but she couldn't get over the weight and girth. She got it because she forgets to charge some days and it effectively doubled her battery life. She opted for a thin clear case and trying harder to remember to charge lol.
That's me.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Serious suggestion, look into one of the new mophie cases, if anything. It even adds wireless charging and magnetic docking AND starts at 2.6 oz.

It's a brand new product, so if you don't want the wireless charging and magnet features you could probably get the previous model at a savings.

Danoc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 28, 2011
I actually have a smart battery case that I like. I was wondering if I would loose substantial battery life and weight by switching to a 6 plus?

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
I actually have a smart battery case that I like. I was wondering if I would loose substantial battery life and weight by switching to a 6 plus?
The battery life on 6 plus is awesome. Don't think you'll miss anything.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I don't suspect you'll really significantly reduce either. The plus is pretty heavy. I notice this after picking up a 6s every time.

YaBoiD

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2011
I'd actually thought about just adding the Smart Case to my 6S I'd had 6 months ago but decided TO just upgrading to the 6S Plus since in addition to the much better battery life, it added OIS & an HD screen to an already great phone so it was a no brainer for me. Also didn't want to have to add the Smart Case and spoil the look and feel of it IMO.

Reactions: akash.nu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.