Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Bad Guy

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Australia
I have a 50 1.4. I can drop the shutter but get motion blur and still dark, I can drop the aperture but then miss focus a lot or just more thin DOF than I want, I want the ability to crank the ISO too that's all. I can do it on my 6D, I can do it better on an A7S.

What are you shooting? :eek:

close2reality

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
So some added humor to this thread, ended up being dust in the topside of the focus sensor from the factory. Had to drive back and exchange it out.

Dust from my use?...ok I understand.

Dust from factory? Hell no. Not for 3700.00

The Bad Guy this shot is for you since you know I love shooting (no pun intended) dogs so much :)

Attachments

• 4K1A0152.jpg
    4K1A0152.jpg
    790.4 KB · Views: 155

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
What are you shooting? :eek:
I was wondering that, too.
50mm, fast action, at night, ... :confused:

----------

The Bad Guy this shot is for you since you know I love shooting (no pun intended) dogs so much :)
Nice one :)

As a Nikon fanboy I have to add that if you already fork out the $$$ for a 5d mark iii, you should go all the way to a D810.
In 2015 the 5d mark iii is very overpriced.

The Bad Guy

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Australia
That's one good looking dog. ;)

As a Nikon fanboy I have to add that if you already fork out the $$$ for a 5d mark iii, you should go all the way to a D810.
In 2015 the 5d mark iii is very overpriced.
Gonna have to agree with the Nikon fanboy on that one…didn't see that coming.

close2reality

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
A question for fellow 5DIII users. When I adjust ISO, It does not show me realtime changes I'm making to the EV. It shows a EV chart but its stagment/does not change and is I believe for changing flash EV.

On my 6D I remember how as I wheeled up/down on the ISO while looking through the viewfinder I was able to see it's effect on EV. Right now I have to take an educated guess on ISO and then check the EV by half pressing shutter..

Thanks.

VirtualRain

macrumors 603
Aug 1, 2008
Vancouver, BC
A question for fellow 5DIII users. When I adjust ISO, It does not show me realtime changes I'm making to the EV. It shows a EV chart but its stagment/does not change and is I believe for changing flash EV.

On my 6D I remember how as I wheeled up/down on the ISO while looking through the viewfinder I was able to see it's effect on EV. Right now I have to take an educated guess on ISO and then check the EV by half pressing shutter..

Thanks.

Yeah, that's how it works on mine too. You don't get an EV reading until you invoke AE with a half shutter press. I almost always use mine in Av mode with Auto ISO unless I'm shooting in low light with flash where I go to Manual and set it to 400 or shooting long exposures at 100.

Miltz

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2013
I've had the Canon 6D since the day it came out. Overall it's a Excellent camera. My only complaint is I wish the autofocus points were more spread out. It also has Canon's best over all sensor as of right now. The per pixel sharpness is excellent. If you shoot landscape get it. If you shoot a lot of people and fast moving objects then get the Canon 5D mark III. I've seen them for $1999 new on sale.

anewman143

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2008
$1999 new on sale? Where???? That's a pretty amazing price (assuming not gray market/import)

equilibrium17

macrumors member
Aug 20, 2007
$1999 new on sale? Where???? That's a pretty amazing price (assuming not gray market/import)

I've only seen $1999 Grey Market, albeit "good" grey market (i.e, eBay seller with good feedback, sometimes 3rd party warranty).

However, B&H was recently offering a (non-grey market) deal package for the 5DIII *with* a Pixma Pro 100 Printer and a bunch of smaller extras (memory card, photo paper, extra battery, etc.) for $2249 after rebate. Deal may still be active, actually; you'd have to check on their website.

Take that deal, then turn around and sell the printer etc., and you'd probably end up close to, if not under, $1999.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.