Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jusoi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 23, 2016
I've had my 6s Plus for 3 weeks now, and the battery life is very poor. When I first got it, I did notice a little bit of a battery drain, but I was told on another forum that it's normal for this to happen and to wait for a couple of days. I've waited for 3 weeks now, and the battery life has gotten worse. When I first got it, I would get 4-5 hours on full charge, but now I only get 2-3. I would consider myself a moderate but sometimes heavy user. I have the Samsung chip if that makes a difference. I was wondering if I sent it to Apple, would they still repair it for replace it. And if they replaced it, could I get a TSMC chip. Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_0128.JPG
    IMG_0128.JPG
    483.7 KB · Views: 247

nj1266

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
Long Beach, CA
Did you set up your phone as new or did you restore from a back up? If from a back up, then do a restore and set up as new. And then download the apps that you use separately. The only thing that is used from before when you set up as new are your contacts. If that does not work, then take it to Apple and have them test the battery for you.

Reactions: cmeisenzahl

garycoleman2

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2010
There's no real difference between the Samsung and the TSMC chip, but you should definitely take it to Apple.

I still don't understand how people like you are in denial about there is no difference between Samsung & TSMC when the OP of this thread has a Samsung chip and has this problem. Also 1000's of other threads/posts from other people have the same problem.

To the OP: Keep getting it exchanged until you get one with a TSMC chip. If I leave my 6S Plus TSMC on standby for 24hours, I still have 95-96% left.

maxsix

Suspended
Jun 28, 2015
Western Hemisphere
After being told by the genius in the Apple Store that my wife's 6S Plus is normal, I've accepted that her poor battery life (compared side by side with her old 6 Plus) is simply due to its smaller battery. Thanks to her Mophie Juice Pack, at least it lasts through one day.

Reactions: Alexrat1996

freedomisle

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2015
I still don't understand how people like you are in denial about there is no difference between Samsung & TSMC when the OP of this thread has a Samsung chip and has this problem. Also 1000's of other threads/posts from other people have the same problem.

To the OP: Keep getting it exchanged until you get one with a TSMC chip. If I leave my 6S Plus TSMC on standby for 24hours, I still have 95-96% left.

Using Netflix, Safari and YouTube will not see any difference between the chips. Tests have shown there is very little difference between the chips unless you put it under heavy load such as recording video or playing games.

:apple:

Reactions: Shark5150
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.