Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshkoala

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2015
Hi all...

Just got my new iphone 6s Plus in the mail. I backed up my old 6+ last night via iTunes. This morning I decided to set up and activate the new 6s+ from my backup.

Everything seemed to be going smoothly until iTunes got stuck on "Syncing Apps". Let it sit for over 2 hours and nothing happened so I undocked the phone. Seemed like everything transferred over BUT my phone number never activated so I cannot make cellular calls/texts/etc...

When I plug it back into iTunes, on the summary screen, it says "N/A" for phone number.

Ive done the process of resetting back to factory defaults and restoring from there. Both with no results.

Help!

EDIT: i'm on t-mobile

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Hi all...

Just got my new iphone 6s Plus in the mail. I backed up my old 6+ last night via iTunes. This morning I decided to set up and activate the new 6s+ from my backup.

Everything seemed to be going smoothly until iTunes got stuck on "Syncing Apps". Let it sit for over 2 hours and nothing happened so I undocked the phone. Seemed like everything transferred over BUT my phone number never activated so I cannot make cellular calls/texts/etc...

When I plug it back into iTunes, on the summary screen, it says "N/A" for phone number.

Ive done the process of resetting back to factory defaults and restoring from there. Both with no results.

Help!

EDIT: i'm on t-mobile
The SIM that comes inside T-Mobile phones are dummy SIMs. They don't work. You need to go to a T-Mobile store, or call to have them give you an active SIM. If you already had service with them before this phone then put your old SIM in this one.

I know this because I just switched from Sprint yesterday and the rep stated that the shipping SIMs are dummys.

joshkoala

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2015
The SIM that comes inside T-Mobile phones are dummy SIMs. They don't work. You need to go to a T-Mobile store, or call to have them give you an active SIM. If you already had service with them before this phone then put your old SIM in this one.

I know this because I just switched from Sprint yesterday and the rep stated that the shipping SIMs are dummys.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.