Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sbrocket

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2007
/dev/null

Install it and try. If you don't want to wait until Apple releases a Boot Camp update, then you're gonna need to do some research on your own.

There's also like 5 other threads with these exact same questions on the front page, it might help to join one of those instead of starting yet another. Hey look at that, you even quoted one of those threads. Whaddya know...

:apple:

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
update:

ethernet drivers work

video card works

audio works if using headphones only

i'm dling 3dmark06

whateverandever

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2006
Baltimore
I've got no luck thus far on finding the clock speed. PC Wizard 2007 crashes when trying to detect video card info.

Astra32 lists it as a 512MB card, hah.

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
I've got no luck thus far on finding the clock speed. PC Wizard 2007 crashes when trying to detect video card info.

Astra32 lists it as a 512MB card, hah.

i second that

its probably something to do with the drivers

3dmark doesn't display any info either, as well as everest. The best i can probably give you is a 3dmark score until new drivers come out.

Also, are these drivers legit? It was bothering me as I read the faq b\c they modified the drivers.

also, my comp here is running at 70C and I'm not doing anything. No fans on. That also is bothering me greatly.

mavere

macrumors member
Jun 6, 2007
They only modified it to allow it to be installed on all nVidia cards. Considering that nvidia's video drivers are unified, that shouldn't be a problem.

Oh well, can you just post the 3dmark scores at default settings at least?

MGLXP

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2005
i second that

3dmark doesn't display any info either, as well as everest. The best i can probably give you is a 3dmark score until new drivers come out.

Also, are these drivers legit? It was bothering me as I read the faq b\c they modified the drivers.

also, my comp here is running at 70C and I'm not doing anything. No fans on. That also is bothering me greatly.

They usually modify the drivers because nvidia does not release laptop drivers to the public, but only to OEM, so OEM (i.e. Asus) release nvidia drivers specific for their own laptops (which has the 8600M GT for instance). But since other laptops also use 8600M GT, you can use these drivers for other laptops (i.e. Apple's) by telling the driver (specifically the .inf file) to be less specific.

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
They usually modify the drivers because nvidia does not release laptop drivers to the public, but only to OEM, so OEM (i.e. Asus) release nvidia drivers specific for their own laptops (which has the 8600M GT for instance). But since other laptops also use 8600M GT, you can use these drivers for other laptops (i.e. Apple's) by telling the driver (specifically the .inf file) to be less specific.

so it is legit?

and is there a way to manually turn on the fan for the mbp or is 70C common for vista?

MGLXP

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2005
so it is legit?

and is there a way to manually turn on the fan for the mbp or is 70C common for vista?

I'm not sure if there's a way to do it in Vista, but the way I do it on my older Macbook Pro is to download smcFanControl 2.1.1 (for Mac OS X), adjust the fan speed to something higher, then boot into Vista.

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
yeah fans came on once i started up the game

seems to try to keep the temp around 70C instead of 60C or so in osx

Tiberium wars 1280x800 all highest settings no AA

perfect performance, idk what the fps was tho

MGLXP

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2005
yeah fans came on once i started up the game

seems to try to keep the temp around 70C instead of 60C or so in osx

Tiberium wars 1280x800 all highest settings no AA

perfect performance, idk what the fps was tho

Did you manage to run 3DMark? Any kind of score would be useful.

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
Are you running Vista 32bit or 64bit? If you're running 64bit, you have to install a separate OpenAL installer. But thanks for your efforts.

32 bit

i ran around oblivion for a bit...not highest settings and not AA, but close to max settings and HDR.

Forest - noticably choppy while on a horse and walking, but playable
outdoors - a little choppy while on a horse
city - no lag

MGLXP

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2005
32 bit

i ran around oblivion for a bit...not highest settings and not AA, but close to max settings and HDR.

Forest - noticably choppy while on a horse and walking, but playable
outdoors - a little choppy while on a horse
city - no lag

By the way, what is your Windows Experience Index? Specifically, what is your number for CPU and GPU? Thanks.

heatasmallhouse

macrumors regular
May 23, 2007
i second that

that sucks, mine hasn't run past 50C during general unplugged use. its actually quite cool to the touch hovering around 40C most of the time, even dipping below.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.