Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
Hey guys, how would I be able to use a iTunes backup for 9.3 beta 2 and use that same back up on 9.2.1? I remember someone mentioning something about changing something in the plist file? can anyone help please?
Thank you!

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Hey guys, how would I be able to use a iTunes backup for 9.3 beta 2 and use that same back up on 9.2.1? I remember someone mentioning something about changing something in the plist file? can anyone help please?
Thank you!

You can't.

But if you are just wanting to get off the beta and go back down to 9.2.1 you can without requiring the use of a backup.

- download the 9.2.1 ipsw
- connect your iPhone to iTunes on your Computer
- on a Mac hold down the Option Key on the keyboard while clicking Update
- select the 9.2.1 ipsw file
- wait for it to install 9.2.1 in place of 9.3

You won't lose any settings or data. It will simple just change the iOS install down to 9.2.1 from 9.3 just like nothing gets changed when you update to a newer version.

*some people have said they had to manually re-download their apps after. I personally have never had to. After the install is done leave it plugged in and it should start the auto download of apps and your previous app layout should be unchanged.

Reactions: atlchamp

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
You can't.

But if you are just wanting to get off the beta and go back down to 9.2.1 you can without requiring the use of a backup.

- download the 9.2.1 ipsw
- connect your iPhone to iTunes on your Computer
- on a Mac hold down the Option Key on the keyboard while clicking Update
- select the 9.2.1 ipsw file
- wait for it to install 9.2.1 in place of 9.3

You won't lose any settings or data. It will simple just change the iOS install down to 9.2.1 from 9.3 just like nothing gets changed when you update to a newer version.

*some people have said they had to manually re-download their apps after. I personally have never had to. After the install is done leave it plugged in and it should start the auto download of apps and your previous app layout should be unchanged.
Ill try this. Thanks so much for reaching out!

atlchamp

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 19, 2012
Atlanta
tried to do this, it did erase my apps and even installed some random VPN on my phone about apple services, and then auto downloaded 9.3 beta 2 for me, so now I am just going to deal with the data loss and DFU from a new version of 9.2.1 from apple servers

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
tried to do this, it did erase my apps and even installed some random VPN on my phone about apple services, and then auto downloaded 9.3 beta 2 for me, so now I am just going to deal with the data loss and DFU from a new version of 9.2.1 from apple servers
Random VPN? As for 9.3, you can make sure that the beta profile isn't on your device and delete the downloaded update and that should be the end of that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.