Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
Hi everyone,

Below concern is on my iMac Core Duo (I'm typing now on my Powerbook).

Well, this morning I was using Quicktime Pro to edit a little 200 MB H264 movie. I save it, and then all of a sudden I get a message saying to clear up space on my hard drive. I look, and I only have 4 GB of space remaining. Sure enough, it was that movie I was editing that says it is 90+ GB in size!!! What kind of glitch do you think this was? Has anyone seen something like this before? All I did was cut 5 seconds out of a 200 MB (30 minute) H264 movie, and then save it, replacing the old file. Very strange.

Well, now to my issue: I'm trying to delete this file, but it has been emptying trash, for 20 minutes or more. Do you think it will ever stop? How long does it take to empty the trash on such a large file? Thanks for the help. I appreciate your help and need it! :)

benpatient

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2003
i had an old G3 iMac do this, and it ended up being impossible to delete the file, because the hard drive had failed (overheated, probably, inside that stupid case).

powerbook911

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
Ok, it finally finished deleting :)

Do you think it was just some kind of software glitch? Everything seems ok now? Hardware should be ok. Don't you think?

Thanks for the help everyone.

Sorry to hear about your iMac benpatient.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.