Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Graemezee

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2009
I would have brought one for $99 or a UK equivalent but I won't pay £99 on a matter of principle

hfletcher

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2008
UK
There are other products priced at $99 in the US, and they are about £80 or so (as someone else said, e.g. AP express).

It's clearly that Apple think they can get away with the price being more in the UK, not for reasons of duty or additional taxes. If this were the case, then the airport express would be £99, not £81. And it's unlikely that there is some separate "TV Devices" tax compared to a wi-fi base station 'tax'...

Basically, apple are taking the piss. Although it's cheaper than the old one, I refuse to pay 30% more for exactly the same thing that's selling in the US.
And as someone pointed out, we can't even get Netflix here - one of the main updates to the device.

You won't be getting my money apple. :mad:

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
wait so you can stream stuff from your itunes library using apple tv? thats good, is that all you need though?

Kebabselector

macrumors 68030
May 25, 2007
Birmingham, UK
It was previously around 210 in the UK? So you're complaining it went to 99?

The £219 version was a rip off also.

Stream content from you iTunes library, Netflix, and YouTube.

No Netflix here sorry, also streaming from another device that needs to be powered on - not very green Apple

Again Apple seem to be looking towards a smaller package, but as the last generation of the iPod Shuffle has proven small isn't better.

I was considering the device, but now it seems to be only slightly better than a cheapo Western Digital media box.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.