Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeoffWillis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I have a question about the ability to loop a video given start/end points. I have some guitar instructional videos that I would like to loop over a particular passage (A-B) but can't find anything that support this capability. I have to think that such a tool exists, but a few google searches, and search of the app store comes up empty. I have similar tools for mp3 audio looping (Transcribe!, IRehearse, music slowDowner...) but can't find one for video. Appreciate any help on this.
Thanks,
Geoff

musique

macrumors regular
Apr 10, 2009
I have a question about the ability to loop a video given start/end points. I have some guitar instructional videos that I would like to loop over a particular passage (A-B) but can't find anything that support this capability. I have to think that such a tool exists, but a few google searches, and search of the app store comes up empty. I have similar tools for mp3 audio looping (Transcribe!, IRehearse, music slowDowner...) but can't find one for video. Appreciate any help on this.
Thanks,
Geoff
QuickTime Player 7.6 (the older version) does this easily. Just hit "i" for in and "o" for out. Then, under View, select "Loop" and "Play Selection Only."

GeoffWillis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 11, 2012
San Antonio, TX
QuickTime Player 7.6 (the older version) does this easily. Just hit "i" for in and "o" for out. Then, under View, select "Loop" and "Play Selection Only."

Appreciate the input, now some questions. My MBP is running version 10.4 of quicktime which evidently doesn't support this feature. So I google quicktime 7.6 downloads and find that it is supported up to OSX10.5.8, and I'm at 10.10.3. Surely there must be a way to do something as simple (And I would think common) as A-B looping? I'd be willing to buy an app (Reasonable price) if necessary. Thanks again, sure don't want to dust of my old Windows box!
Geoff

kohlson

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2010
Appreciate the input, now some questions. My MBP is running version 10.4 of quicktime which evidently doesn't support this feature. So I google quicktime 7.6 downloads and find that it is supported up to OSX10.5.8, and I'm at 10.10.3. Surely there must be a way to do something as simple (And I would think common) as A-B looping? I'd be willing to buy an app (Reasonable price) if necessary. Thanks again, sure don't want to dust of my old Windows box!
Geoff

Go to the official Apple site for a download and get it. I have a 2014 MBP15 running 10.10.3. I use QT7.6 a couple of times per week, and its the default video viewer on my system.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.