Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
My cousin blogs a bit and she posted some ideas about where she wishes iOS would go.

I think she's got some keen ideas, especially coming from an only slightly geek user. Some are ideas I've also thought of but she also hit a few I hadn't considered.

Lunfai

macrumors 68000
Nov 21, 2010
Sheffield
Although there are a lot of features that want to be in iOS7, I think it'll be more refreshed in terms of appearance then new features.

Saladinos

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2008
Why does everyone keep throwing up "file system" in their wish list?

:confused:

Because a huge number of users feel that the "Every App is an Island" (with no boats or airports) approach is jut too limited.

That's a direct quote from Apple's iOS filesystem documentation, by the way: https://developer.apple.com/library...de/FileSystemOverview/FileSystemOverview.html

The fact that it's on everyone's wishlist means it's a limitation lots of people are encountering very often.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Why does everyone keep throwing up "file system" in their wish list?

:confused:

I don't know why they do, but in terms of my cousin it's important to know that she's not saying a visible one. Just a better way to have things to file share etc. it's dumb if you write a sing in GarageBand you have to save it to iTunes file sharing then copy to a computer, put it in your iTunes library and sync it back. You should be able to finalize it and there it is. Or at least it asks if you want to send it to your music library. That's the kind of thing she's talking sbout

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Because a huge number of users feel that the "Every App is an Island" (with no boats or airports) approach is jut too limited.

That's a direct quote from Apple's iOS filesystem documentation, by the way: https://developer.apple.com/library...de/FileSystemOverview/FileSystemOverview.html

The fact that it's on everyone's wishlist means it's a limitation lots of people are encountering very often.

I don't know why they do, but in terms of my cousin it's important to know that she's not saying a visible one. Just a better way to have things to file share etc. it's dumb if you write a sing in GarageBand you have to save it to iTunes file sharing then copy to a computer, put it in your iTunes library and sync it back. You should be able to finalize it and there it is. Or at least it asks if you want to send it to your music library. That's the kind of thing she's talking sbout

Or more likely they could just improve interoperability between apps to where they can use the files of the other one. That one is more likely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.