Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shecky

Original poster
May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
i check MR a few times a day, but not always as the same time of day. no matter when i check it, so long as it has been a few hours since i last checked it, i always see exactly 12 new pages of threads. not 10, not 18, but 12. every time. ill check it after i get up in the AM and before is start working, 12 pages. after i get back from teaching, 12 pages. etc...

at first i thought i was just more regular than i figured i was, but there is no way i am THAT lucky to catch the forum at exactly 12 pages of new threads every time.

anyone else noticing this? or did i just forget to take my meds again :confused:

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
You are seeing the results of a forum search, and for performance reasons search results are limited to the most recent 300 threads or 300 posts (depending on the type of search). At 25 per page, that's 12 pages.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
You are seeing the results of a forum search, and for performance reasons search results are limited to the most recent 300 threads or 300 posts (depending on the type of search). At 25 per page, that's 12 pages.

But this was recently changed -- it used to be 20 pages. Unfortunately this change now causes many of the less busy threads to die prematurely.

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
no real reason, just defaults.

I upped the #

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.