Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

th1nk

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
I have set my phone language to english and my siri language to german. turn by turn navigation in maps is english even though it should be german....

thewitt

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2011
Thanks for confirming that. Yeah, update will come soon. I just hope it's gonna be OTA and not a totally new GM as that's possible as well.

There is only one GM. This is what's being installed on every device shipping from China now. Any updates from here will be OTA.

LMD75

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2010
I have set my phone language to english and my siri language to german. turn by turn navigation in maps is english even though it should be german....

"Region Format" determines what voice the Maps app uses. What is yours set to?

E.g. I have set Siri to use US English female but my Region Format is set to United Kingdom. The map voice uses the UK male voice. If I set the Region Format to US then it uses the US English female voice but the date format is then set the US format of MM/DD/YY instead of DD/MM/YY. The map app could do with a Voice setting toggle.

th1nk

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2008
it is set to German - Germany, but the turn by turn navigation is still english. I guess it is a bug...

humar

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2012
Italy
Happened to me 2 times.
I pulled down notification center, tapped on the twitter widget and notification center went totally empty, just the grey background, clock and signal..
no button worked.. after a minute my 4s rebooted itself..

this is bad..

Kashsystems

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2012
Have you been in the App Store?

Yes and I have purchased apps etc, no crashing.

The App store feels slow and very sluggish at times, but that is server side. I believe.

I did do a clean install of ios 6 gm on both my wife's and my phone with none of these issues people are discussing.

DMaki650

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
Rhinelander, WI
I have had zero issues with the GM. Have most of you done a hard reset to flush out the memory etc?

Same here not one issue at all. The app store is fine on my end. No iPad apps are showing up at all. The search cards are little dumb but other then that it's been great! battery life has been freaking amazing for me.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
Does keyboard shortcuts work with you, guys? My shortcuts stopped working after GM. Both when creating new and my old ones.

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68020
Jun 4, 2008
Not sure if its a bug, more of an annoyance. In iTunes if you select a a song from one of the top charts the song you selected gets buried under the review banner, you have to scroll up to select it to play it. When you click on the song it should take you to THAT song.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
Happened to me 2 times.
I pulled down notification center, tapped on the twitter widget and notification center went totally empty, just the grey background, clock and signal..
no button worked.. after a minute my 4s rebooted itself..

this is bad..

Had this happen to me yesterday,had to hard reset.

I also on occasions get a very dimly lit screen after unlocking the device. Must be an auto brightness bug. Funny thing is I never ever use that!

App Store in my opinion is **** now, prefer the old version!

MDTyKe

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2007
Hawaii, USA
Are you sure it's the YouTube app (since it's removed as a native app) and not just opening in the native movie player?

Yes, the Youtube app that I installed (the new one). The reason why I wanted to 'open in Safari' was that's the only way I can get a link to the video to post on FB! :-(

AMDENCO

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2010
I've noticed that facetime works, but is extremely choppy... Is anyone else having this issue?

AMDENCO

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2010
Well facetime looked fine on my end, but when using facetime on wifi my brother said my video was extremely choppy and stuttering. I confirmed this with my wife's iPhone and iPad. Hopefully it gets fixed. I tried a hard reset and still happening.

Squuiid

macrumors 68000
Oct 31, 2006
Same here not one issue at all. The app store is fine on my end. No iPad apps are showing up at all. The search cards are little dumb but other then that it's been great! battery life has been freaking amazing for me.

Really? No iPad apps showing under 'Purchased' section in the Apps store on an iPhone?

baller1308

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2009
First of all I don't like the new search in the AppStore. Having the swipe over and over again gets annoying. If you don't know what the exact name of the app you are looking for, good luck.

If you swipe really fast after searching it'll get messed up and you won't be able to go back to the beginning. The numbers on the bottom get screwy, I've seen -1 before.

MonstaMash

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
First of all I don't like the new search in the AppStore. Having the swipe over and over again gets annoying. If you don't know what the exact name of the app you are looking for, good luck.

If you swipe really fast after searching it'll get messed up and you won't be able to go back to the beginning. The numbers on the bottom get screwy, I've seen -1 before.
I experience the same bugs. They should make scrolling smooth like their "rubber band" effect (like scrolling through photos).

Instead they are making searching the App Store tedious and not fun at all. Who wants to "shop" when it's work?

Ripcord83

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Yes, the Youtube app that I installed (the new one). The reason why I wanted to 'open in Safari' was that's the only way I can get a link to the video to post on FB! :-(

you can set up youtube to post videos you like on your FB.
its in your sharing settings on the site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.