Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gwardys

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2006
I'm applying for a job at American Eagle Outfitters.
I have a few questions about the store.

1.) What is the employee discount for working at the store?
2.) Are you required to dress in the clothing that they sell?
3.) Is anyone else in your family allowed to use the discount?

wbread5

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2006
Beaverland Hills, OR
Gwardys said:
I'm applying for a job at American Eagle Outfitters.
I have a few questions about the store.

1.) What is the employee discount for working at the store?
2.) Are you required to dress in the clothing that they sell?
3.) Is anyone else in your family allowed to use the discount?

You're in luck, I happen to work there.

1) The discount is actually a good one, 40% off anything in the store, including clearance. And let me tell you, 40% is much cheaper than you think. I tend to comb through the clearance and grab a pile of t-shirts for $2-5 a pop. In all honesty, the discount has kept many people from quitting.

2) Not technically. You aren't required to, but you can't walk in wearing an Abercrombie shirt either.

3) Only you can use the discount, but it can be purchased for anyone.

wbread5

macrumors member
Aug 23, 2006
Beaverland Hills, OR
crazycat said:
40% is a lot, i mean you can buy tons of stuff from there then quit :)

Better. Get hired, and then tell them you're only available one day a month. Stores like that tend you keep you on payroll even if you don't work a single shift.

I have a friend that still gets the employee discount at Zumiez and hasn't worked there in over 2 years.

Plus, working an 8pm - 6am shift with 20 attractive girls my age dressing mannequins is not always a bad situation.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
wbread5 said:
Better. Get hired, and then tell them you're only available one day a month. Stores like that tend you keep you on payroll even if you don't work a single shift.

I have a friend that still gets the employee discount at Zumiez and hasn't worked there in over 2 years.

Plus, working an 8pm - 6am shift with 20 attractive girls my age dressing mannequins is not always a bad situation.

Amen friend! I used to host at Chili's with a bunch of 20 year old girls and it was so kick ass.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.