Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac000

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2005
so arguably, yes there is a faint buzzing noise that comes from my macbook from the upper left corner when the laptop is open.

is there a solution to this buzzing ?? or must we all just "deal within spec"?? heh:rolleyes:

kalun

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2006
so arguably, yes there is a faint buzzing noise that comes from my macbook from the upper left corner when the laptop is open.

is there a solution to this buzzing ?? or must we all just "deal within spec"?? heh:rolleyes:

I would like to know the answer too.

Any takers on this issue?

G

g8keepa82

I know this issue as well... When i get a call back regarding the status of my current MB repair (now the 3rd time), I will raise this issue....

setso

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2006
..if apple parts exist with the name "dc board", than it's the one which does
..the fizzling. they can be replaced easily. haven't done, but will do next week

..edited: there is no seperate dc-board, the whole motherboard must go.. dcdceetcedcdccc

Jan 30, 2006
In the mean time you can try the Mirror widget.

Download it here.

The steps for this to work are:

1- Open the mirror widget (wait for it to start completely).
2- Close it.
3- Put the computer to sleep.
4- Wake it, and the sound it's gone.

I have not taken it for reapair because I hope that Leopard would have a fix for this.
If you run Windows this sound is not present, so it's just for Apple to make a little tweak.

Roco,

setso

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2006

GreenSmith

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2008
Fix for a Leopard Macbook?

So I have a Macbook with Leopard, and I'm wondering if any of these, or some other, Leopard appropriate fix is out there, that works? I tried the Mirror widget trick, and the camera never turned on while the widget was open. Fix didn't work. What I'm mostly encountering is Macbook Pro fixes, and I'm not sure if those were Tiger or Leopard specific.

Suggestions for a Macbook, Leopard fix to this annoying buzz? I too went to the Apple store, they of course, being in a loud store/mall couldn't hear it, and the hardware tested "within spec" Grrrr :-9

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.