Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
thedude110 said:
I think you do a nice job of evoking the wonder and playfulness of human beings as "discoverers."

I might take out the cooking scene at the end. The images are so much about the girl and the power of her frivolity -- the ending seems to really foreground the prop (rather than the relationship people have to the prop).

yeah. (good call) or have her smack her mean hand stealing brother with the hand. :p

whw5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Atlanta
iBlue said:
yeah. (good call) or have her smack her mean hand stealing brother with the hand. :p

As much as I originally wanted to change the ending, you can't argue with your actor if she wants to "get some new shoes."

whw5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Atlanta
iBlue said:
there's always bribery, if you're so inclined. ;)

At that point, she was so tired of filming, bribery would do nothing. Or else it would have to be a really good bribe.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
You sir, have inspired me to get back into video making.

utterly brilliant :D

nw43

macrumors regular
May 8, 2005
UK
I liked it too :)

It actually reminded me of a music video with the one song playing the whole way through. (Ha ha - just realised the connection between the band name and the video :D )

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
Well I enjoyed it. Like others have pointed out I think the camera techniques were awesome, wonderful choice of music. I am not a filmmaker, so I can't really tell you what was bad. From what I see, you have the camera down, maybe you could put together some stories and get some actors and make a short film.

whw5

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Atlanta
maestro55 said:
Well I enjoyed it. Like others have pointed out I think the camera techniques were awesome, wonderful choice of music. I am not a filmmaker, so I can't really tell you what was bad. From what I see, you have the camera down, maybe you could put together some stories and get some actors and make a short film.

Funny you should say that, because I am currently working on the script for a longer short film. I'm not going to say much else, except that I think you guys will like it when its done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.