Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winstonzeddemor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
So my problem started when I tried to delete the dmg version of Trolltech Qt, because I was going to install from source instead.

The pearl script failed to remove all the files so I deleted them manually and got a little delete happy...I ended up removing /System/Library/Frameworks/QTKit.framework, which is the QuickTime components framework I imagine. (I know confusing, but I should have known better) Well the system was buggy after that; I got a friends mac who had Snow Leopard 10.6.3, tarred the file transferred it by FTP (because finder would keep crashing) and unpacked it and everything was back to normal.

Turns out, her install of Snow Leopard did not include the symbolic link to the 'Headers', because I guess she did not have any developer stuff installed. So I get random compiler errors related to this.

I was wondering if any of you developers (preferably with 10.6.4 and XCode 3.2.1 would be interested in:

1.open terminal
2.type 'sudo tar -cf QTKit.tar /System/Library/Frameworks/QTKit.framework'
3.upload the tar somewhere
4.post me a link to it

it would be nice of you.

winstonzeddemor

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 8, 2010
thanks!

you are a brillionaire (rich with brains), thanks

EDIT: you have made my day, after a restart everything is normal again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.