Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d-boy86

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2011
So as I was trying to install DP4 last night I noticed that it will lag at a certain point, then a yellow arrow would appear stating that I should reboot and retry the installation. I tried repairing my hard disk using the Disk Utility within the Applications\Utilities folder assuming it would fix it but the same error occured when I tried to install Lion afterwards.

Instead, I popped in my SL installation disk and booted up from it and used the Disk Utility from there. Tried reinstalling Lion and it worked perfectly.

Not sure if anyone has tried this method, because they're so many threads on the forum talking about it. Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you as well.

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
So as I was trying to install DP4 last night I noticed that it will lag at a certain point, then a yellow arrow would appear stating that I should reboot and retry the installation. I tried repairing my hard disk using the Disk Utility within the Applications\Utilities folder assuming it would fix it but the same error occured when I tried to install Lion afterwards.

Instead, I popped in my SL installation disk and booted up from it and used the Disk Utility from there. Tried reinstalling Lion and it worked perfectly.

Not sure if anyone has tried this method, because they're so many threads on the forum talking about it. Give it a shot and let me know if it works for you as well.

I restarted and restored the lion image to an external HD, booted from that, repaired and off we went. Installing took forever though.

wPhilipsen

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2011
Denmark, Sonderborg
Target disk mode

Hi guys

What I did was to boot my iMac running Lion preview 3 in target disk mode, and connecting it to my MacBook running Snow.
Then fried up disk utilitie and repaired the disk, now I'm running preview 4 without problems;)

john.burn

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2007
Hi guys,

If' it's not already very obvious, then make sure you're using repair disk and not repair disk permissions - the latter won't hurt of course but the thing that finally got DP4 to install on my Mac Pro 1.1 was repair disk... I booted up off a Lion USB installation and ran it from there - SL on USB or DVD would also work of course to get into disk utility.

Might not be that obvious to everyone.

John.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.