Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the block

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 21, 2016
I'm a new MBP user and I play some casual games like Minecraft. I use a bluetooth mouse, and have found the touchpad to be so large that my palm often brushes over it and interferes with my movement. I was looking for a simple way (perhaps creating a shortcut, or a keyboard shortcut) to turn the touchpad on/off on-demand.

The best I have found is within the accessibility settings there is an option to disable the trackpad if a mouse is connected. While that sounds good, the mouse is always connected (unless I turn the mouse over and turn it off, which I never do), and sometimes I just prefer to use the trackpad while working on something while the mouse sits over on my table.

So I'm not looking for an all or nothing solution like the accessibility settings offer. I'd much prefer to be able to toggle the trackpad off and on with a keyboard shortcut or similar. Is there a way to do this? Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.