Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

damir00

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2011
What funny about canada, when, for example, you subscribe to netflix (with default setting of 2.3 gb / hour for HD content) you will for sure exceed you montly usage limit (30-50 gb upload/download combined) for normal high speed internet connection

What kind of connection do you have? I'm in Canada, and have a 400GB cap.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
I don't understand this attraction to digital media on plastic. It's just bits. Who cares where it lives. The point is it be should safe, secure, and universally available. iCloud does that for me just fine. That seems to be where the industry (Apple, Amazon, Google) is going.

I have the bits, and I don't have to pay an ISP per byte that I re-download from the net. That's the attractions....

Perhaps the "cloud" is universally available - but for many people the bandwidth (per second) is too low, and the cost for GB/month is too high.

Unless you have a 100 Mbps connection and guaranteed unlimited GB/month the "cloud" is not a solution.

Dmunjal

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2010
I get your point. But we used to buy CDs, too. At some point, maybe a couple years, I think we will get video the same way we get music today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.