Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SomeDudeAsking

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 23, 2010
Out of sheer luck I decided to sell off a large part of my stock right as it crested $700 in Sept. Never did I imagine it would plunge as it has. Yet I've always used a long term strategy. What I sold at $700 I bought at $20 a long time ago.

Recently I went back for more that I will hold for quite some time. It will recover, the only unknown is how much. There's a lot of life remaining in Apple.

The same could be said of Nokia.......and look how it's stock is doing...... Save your money.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
Seems to me....

that Apple is struggling in the stock market because some factors are playing:

1-The data about Android tablets catching up
2-Investors reading between lines about the rumors in the supply chain
3-No new products coming from Apple. No "wow" factor. When I saying no new products, I am saying Apple are playing conservative and holding the ground in the existent lines of products. Hence, the rumors about the iWatch can help a little bit. I am almost sure that if no rumors, but facts, come out, about the iTV by example, the stock prices can improve. Or any more solid about the iRadio...

:):apple:

Rogifan

macrumors Penryn
Nov 14, 2011
that Apple is struggling in the stock market because some factors are playing:

1-The data about Android tablets catching up
2-Investors reading between lines about the rumors in the supply chain
3-No new products coming from Apple. No "wow" factor. When I saying no new products, I am saying Apple are playing conservative and holding the ground in the existent lines of products. Hence, the rumors about the iWatch can help a little bit. I am almost sure that if no rumors, but facts, come out, about the iTV by example, the stock prices can improve. Or any more solid about the iRadio...

What "wow" products are you looking for? $1500 Google style glasses?

And as far as tablet data goes, who besides Apple actually releases sales data? What credibility does a
IDC have? One study they did had Windows Phonr overtaking Android in 2016. Sorry but until we get credible sales data from Amazon and Google/Microsoft and their OEM's I take the data with a grain of salt. If these Android tablets were selling so well all these companies would be releasing sales figures like crazy.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
Seems to me....

What "wow" products are you looking for? $1500 Google style glasses?

And as far as tablet data goes, who besides Apple actually releases sales data? What credibility does a
IDC have? One study they did had Windows Phonr overtaking Android in 2016. Sorry but until we get credible sales data from Amazon and Google/Microsoft and their OEM's I take the data with a grain of salt. If these Android tablets were selling so well all these companies would be releasing sales figures like crazy.

1-I had mention some "Wow" products based in rumors and analyst opinions
2-Rumors plays an important part in especulative markets, as stocks. So you can wait sitted down about "credible data" and the stock market acting upon it...

rMBP13

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2013
As I am watching the live video of Samsung unveiling of the S4 right now, the presentation appears to be extremely underwhelming...

rMBP13

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2013
If CEO Tim Cook is smart (which I am sure he is), Apple should release 3 iPhones this year:
- 4" iPhone 5S
- 5" iPhone 5S
- 4.5" lower-priced iPhone 5S

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.