Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

next

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
Spain
Hi, it's my first post here. I was wondering if there was a new firmware for the 20gb 4th gen ipod, not the color screen one...

I too want to have many clocks like the nano users & combination to secure my stuff...
How come they don´t update it anymore?

Thanks

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
There is no new firmware as yet, but that's not to say Apple won't release something soon. However, it kind of makes sense that Apple don't give us regular 4G owners the clock etc. so that there's just one more reason for us to update our iPods. :(

next

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2005
Spain
Inmediately after i wrote that first post, i plugged my ipod and popped up a message on the computer saying there was a new version of ipod updater.

But then when i read what it was all about all ilusions broke into pieces:

iPod Updater 2005-09-06 includes new iPod Software 1.0 for iPod nano. iPod Updater 2005-09-06 contains the same software versions as iPod Updater 2005-06-26 for all other iPod models.

One thing i'd love to have in my ipod is an option to turn off in x number of songs instead of a time-counter... :cool:

yellow5

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2005
I'm still waiting for Lyric support on non-nano iPods.

Also when are they going to enable folder support on the iPod?
What's the point of having either of these in iTunes if they don't transition over to the iPod.

I'm waiting...

Ashapalan

macrumors 6502a
Apr 17, 2005
England
the nano will lead the way for a long while in terms of firmware, its all buying/selling tactics. Seeing as we are on this side of christmas...

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
They'll be updated eventually but it'll probably be another few months yet. When they released the 4th Gen iPod, it took them a while to update the firmware for the 3rd Gen ... adding the "Music" menu and "Shuffle songs".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.