Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

2Evan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2009
I'm buying the iPod Touch 32GB within the next 2 weeks or so. I've realized that I might need a few accessories to get exactly what I want. The iClear case from Griffin seems to be a no-brainer.

But should I buy the Apple's USB Wall Power Adapter?

Recording voices in a classroom is very important to me. I don't think the headphones mic is appropriate. What's the best (small please) product out there.

Recommendations?

Thks so much

davidinva

macrumors 6502a
Accessories for iPod Touch

I purchased the Richard Solo battery backup (includes a wall charger, car charger, and backup battery (that also doubles as a flashlight and laser pointer) for $44.99 at Bed, Bath, & Beyond (go figure), and a leather case with magnetic closure (hasn't affected the Touch yet, but some say magnets are troublesome) for $3.49 at Overstock.com. The backup battery is small enough to carry with you and charges the Touch (and also the iPhone) although it makes holding the Touch with battery connected a bit awkward.

elpmas

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2009
Where the fresh snow don't go.
honestly, you don't need much accessories for the ipod touch. all i got is the case/screen protectors lol. most of the time that it's not in use, it'll be in your pocket, and when it is, it'll be in your hands :D

you should look around for a cool case, instead of a clear case, you may want a different later down the line :D

if you're looking at recording devices...i think switcheasy has some.

mustnotsleep

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2010
definitely buy a thumbtack-like mic. you can use voice recording apps, shazam and skype. there is one for less than $5 on amazon that is great and you have no excuses for not buying it. i also have a 3g juice portable iphone/ipod charger that is nice and i would recommend it. i personally dont use screen protectors for my ipods because i hate the way they look and i buy new ipods incredibly frequently anyway.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
probably the the thumbtack mic from switcheasy...
you might want a screen protector, dock, maybe a y-headphone splitter, if you need one

OGDaniel

macrumors 6502a
Dec 24, 2009
Arizona
Now isn't really the time to be buying new iPods. If you can stand it, wait until they announce the new generation of iPods soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.