Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

X-Morgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
Hey there, I thought I'd turn here for help.

When I open the Acquisition image to install it, it never shows up on the desktop, but when I go into Disk Utility I can see it there but I cant get into it to install the .app

Acquisition is the only application that does this to me and it's really annoying!

Anyone care to help?

Chris:)

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Ah, I thought me and my mate Gary were the only two folk in Ruggie who owned Macs... Times are changing.

I normally download the .DMG file, open it, open the disk image and then drag the Acquisition icon/application into the Applications folder (don't double click to run it from the disk image.)

This might be because you have new technology. Does your dual-core thingy not mean you have to run an emulator to use non-Universal software?

I've also been having a similar problem with MacMAME but didn't get to the bottom of it.

X-Morgan

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2006
A Mac user from Ruggie?! I thought I was the only one!

That's the way I always install thing on my Mac but for this particular appliacation no drag and drop window opens up :confused:

I'm baffled by it

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Okay...so you download the DMG, and then you double click it to mount it, and you don't see it on your Desktop, correct? But you can see it in Disk Utility, right?

What is you open a Finder window...does it show up in the top of the Sidebar? How about a Spotlight search for "Acquisition"? Maybe it's mounting in a different directory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.