Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I like Minimal Hosts Blocker because it blocks ads in apps and in any browser you use.
I searched Cydia but couldn't find it is there a repo I need?

Recently got caught with the http://www.best-iphone6s.com popup and was wondering if any of these three would prevent this from happening in the future.

Also, is one preferred over the others?
I always wanted an Adblocker but never looked into one. Can you tell me more about this, suspect I may have it on my iPhone 6. Is it where there's an ad that pops up on your browser and it redirects you to the App Store, or is that something else? Would one of these block those kind?

HUGE AL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 4, 2010
I always wanted an Adblocker but never looked into one. Can you tell me more about this, suspect I may have it on my iPhone 6. Is it where there's an ad that pops up on your browser and it redirects you to the App Store, or is that something else? Would one of these block those kind?

No. This one is the more vicious kind where you get the popup and, if you know your security, you exit Safari, quit the app, relaunch, and quickly close the tab.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.