Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sleyeu

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2009
hello,

im new to iphone app developing and i would like to know how to add a 3d model such as a car into my app. as you can see in ipod touch racing games (need for speed undercover/real racing), you control a 3d car,

how would i go about adding a "3d car" into my app?

What programs would i need (preferably googlesketchup as i dont own a program such as maya)

iLoveDeveloping

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2009
Ireland
hello,

im new to iphone app developing and i would like to know how to add a 3d model such as a car into my app. as you can see in ipod touch racing games (need for speed undercover/real racing), you control a 3d car,

how would i go about adding a "3d car" into my app?

What programs would i need (preferably googlesketchup as i dont own a program such as maya)

Your new to Apps and you want your first to be a 3D game??? Thats quite an achievement !!!

Well if you don't know how to do it, it is VERY unlikely someone on this site is going to do it for you, have you read any books on 3D/2D design? and how to implement that into an iPhone game? If not, you need to read, not start developing...!

JimBobBennett

macrumors member
May 4, 2009
Check out SiO2, a free 3D game tool. Works with Blender, a free 3D designer. Quite cool stuff as long as you know how to create 3D models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.