After adding all of the Adobe Fontfolio 9 fonts to my ~/Library/Fonts folder I encountered a bug. Safari would no longer select the correct font for various sections of text. I didn't remove any fonts, just added. I tried disabling the suspect fonts from the Adobe collection.. (Times, Times New Roman, Helvetica, etc) but no luck. To make a long tedious search short: I ended up finally by removing the Adobe fonts, deleting all of the /Library/Cache/ files and ~/Library/Cache files... then restarted, opened Safari and volia... All is well in the universe again! Hope this helps someone avoid the reinstall I tried. (It worked but when I added the Adobe fonts back I saw the same behavior... ). Guess it's time to add them in one at a time until I break it again.