Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UKBeast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Turkey
hi,

I need a turkish spell checker dictionary to add to my list of dicts located on my drive.

I could not find any useful tutorial.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
the point i could not find Turkish language on internet, on anywhere. Even small african country languages are available.
How odd. Some more research suggests that Mac OS X itself was never translated into Turkish, thus explaining the lack of a built-in Turkish dictionary. This fact surprises me, given how multilingual Mac OS X is.

UKBeast

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
Turkey
How odd. Some more research suggests that Mac OS X itself was never translated into Turkish, thus explaining the lack of a built-in Turkish dictionary. This fact surprises me, given how multilingual Mac OS X is.

This is so weird, while there are lots of built in languages including those lesser spoken languages in mac os, how can Apple ignore such a language like Turkish with over 90million native speakers.

This makes me think that this is being done on purpose because of some reasons I endeavour to understand.

karolynaz

macrumors member
Dec 6, 2009
This is so weird, while there are lots of built in languages including those lesser spoken languages in mac os, how can Apple ignore such a language like Turkish with over 90million native speakers.

This makes me think that this is being done on purpose because of some reasons I endeavour to understand.

This is connected to how much people buy Apple stuff in the country. For example Lithuania also don't have official spelling, but Latvia, who have only 1,5 million people have one. And only because, that 50% of people there buy Apple PC's

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.