Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tuggy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
hi everyone

apparently my adium X is having a strange problem: it does not receive some messages! Its really annoying when people ask you something and you do not answer because you did not received the question! i cant really keep using this like that... it already happened several times. I was using the stable version, and then tried the devel version... but the problem persists.
anyone has the same problem?

i would really love to keep using adium x because its my favourite IM client....

thanks

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
There's a few problems I specifically have with Adium that hasn't really been adressed in any updates. When trying to change the messages prefs, it unexpectedly quits. If somebody sends me a file and their message window isn't open or the system is going slow, it'll unexpectedly quit. Now when I start it up it won't connect to accounts automatically... welll it tries to but it can't unless i press "Disconnect All" and then "Connect all"... its annoying. Oh well I guess I can live with it. If you don't have GROWL for it yet... get it -its's awesome. http://www.growl.info

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
haiggy said:
There's a few problems I specifically have with Adium that hasn't really been adressed in any updates. When trying to change the messages prefs, it unexpectedly quits. If somebody sends me a file and their message window isn't open or the system is going slow, it'll unexpectedly quit.

Haiggy, I know it's annoying to rebuild all your preferences, but this has "trash the adium preferences" written all over it in boldface. :(

I don't think those are bugs. I don't get those kinds of crashes.

haiggy

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2003
Ontario, Canada
mkrishnan said:
Haiggy, I know it's annoying to rebuild all your preferences, but this has "trash the adium preferences" written all over it in boldface. :(

I don't think those are bugs. I don't get those kinds of crashes.

I have done this before.

Shasta

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2005
Upstate/Central NY
chill

Not to be a super dick or anything... you know, just a regular one.

But the devs over at Adium are doing an awesome job and despite all the features it has it still is in beta, so the only thing I can really suggest is upgrade to the most current version, (.77 is released but if you look for it you can get .8 in a real stable version) submit very detailed crash reports (i.e. what else was running, unusual activity, what extras you have installed for anything etc.) and be nice to them, it is all done on their free time

So yeah, Enjoy the privilege of getting to use it, it is so much better then the AIM, MSN and ICQ "supported" clients

Good luck
Shasta

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.