Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Benjamindaines

macrumors 68030
Mar 24, 2005
A religiously oppressed state
I do it by services. I have a group for Bonjour and a group for my AIM Buddy List. Obviously the bonjour contacts go in the Bonjour group and the AIM users go in the AIM Buddy List group, inside those groups contacts are sorted by status (Available > Mobile > Idle > Away). With in the status groups the contacts are sorted alphabetically.

EDIT: Screen shot attached.

picture19fi.jpg

mmapples

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
right, but within the AIM buddy list, if you sort your buddies by groups, is there any way to customize the order that they show up on your buddy list in?

Macoltrane

macrumors member
Apr 16, 2006
mkrishnan said:
I suppress them, so that there are no groups shown. :)

Can you explain how to do this? I've been wanting to get rid of the Individual/Friends titles for quite some time now :)

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
oh!

I thought it was something different, like the order of them.

jee, i need some sleep - i can't read for crap right now. :eek:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
lilstewart said:
I thought it was something different, like the order of them.

Somehow, the groups never really seemed to mean anything to me. And people had a tendency to end up in weird groups that one computer or another automatically created for me. So I had trouble telling who was a "buddy," who was a "friend," and who was a "pal." :p So I just have one gigantoid list of names...and I love most of the people on it. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.