Adium

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Tclare, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Tclare macrumors regular

I have recently installed adium on my macbook after all the rave reviews i have seen. I set my msn account fine but when ever i start talking to somebody adium instantly crashes. The only thing i can think that is causing this, is that my e-mail address is not hotmail. I use my gmail account on msn with a internet passport. Does anyone know how i can remedy the problem?

2. TowerRat macrumors newbie

I too use a Gmail account... but my Aduim has been running fine. Not sure on why it crashes..

3. Tclare thread starter macrumors regular

So does anyone else have any other suggestions. Maybe i set up my account wrong. All i did was enter in my e-mail address and password. Do i need to change any other settings.

4. hoggdogg macrumors newbie

Adium doesn't like you to have MSN (or other messenging programs) open while you are using it... maybe that's your problem? :rolleyes:

5. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Did you install one of the beta versions or the normal release? If you did install the beta, try the release. If you installed the release, try the beta.

6. Zenius macrumors newbie

I don't use a Gmail account but adium crash sometime !

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you're seeing more than occasional crashes though, then something is wrong. Even the current Adium Beta is not so unstable that it crashes every time you try to have an MSN conversation -- I have them on it all the time.

If you're patient, perhaps try closing Adium, deleting it, deleting the ~/library/application support/adium 2.0/ directory, and then re-installing Adium. Perhaps you have some corrupt preference files or something like that.

You could also peruse the known bug list, but I tend to doubt this is an actual Adium bug, as so many people here use Adium and others don't seem to be experiencing this. What I mean is that it's not a systematic problem of Adium, but something unique to a bad file, etc, on your computer.