Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Hello guys,

how do you guys find adobe cs2 photoshop and illustrator performace to compare to their counterparts in intelmac/rosetta (latest versions) and bootcamp? (i'm on a macbook pro 2.0 with 2 gigs ram)

also, what is the disadvantage to running parallels with more then the recommended 616 megs of ram?

one last... how best to minimize xp pro's system's resources if i'm only going to use photoshop, illustrator, rhino, maya?

thanks,

richard...

Nym

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2006
Porto, Portugal
Both Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Illustrator run much faster on the bootcamped Windows. At least from my experience until PS and IL are Universal Binaries I will not be running them on my iMac, I tried but it's just painfully slow, especially if you were always used to work on PowerPC, expect a serious performance hit.

About Parallels, I don't know exactly, It could be that they create that number like an estimate to how much memory you should dedicate to it, they probably presume almost every Parallels user has at least 1GB RAM, if you've got more, I guess you can "up" that number.

As for the last question, didn't quite understand what you meant but what it seems is that you want to keep your Windows "less-heavy" as possible to run those apps faster, the only thing I did was replace the wallpaper by a solid color and in Control Panel - System - Performance (or something like that) click the button that says "optimize for best performance", it will remove all those windows effects and apply the Classic Windows style obviously (which are a turd anyway).
As I said, didn't quite understand the question :)

Hope it helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.