Adobe Flash Player install issue

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by House Crasher, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Joined:
    Aug 4, 2012
    Hi all,
    New MBA. Went to Youtube and couldn't view videos with downloading AFP. Attempted to download but it said I had to use Apple app store, it's not in app store. Help.

Thanks

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

For Flash-related issues:
    • Find your Flash version and make sure it's the latest version available. Never install or update Flash from a pop-up on a website. Always go to Adobe's site to get Flash or updates.
    • Install ClickToFlash (Safari), Flashblock (Firefox) or FlashBlock (Chrome) to control which Flash content plays on websites.
    • Try using the YouTube HTML5 Video Player to watch YouTube videos, when available. (May impact fullscreen viewing. See link for details.) Some have reported better performance with HTML5, while some have reported worse. Try it and find out what works best for you.

3. thread starter Guest

This is what I get when downloading from Adobe website.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

4. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Mountain Lion: About Gatekeeper

Go to  > System Preferences… > Security & Privacy > General
    Change "Allow applications downloaded from:" to "Mac App Store and identified developers" or "Anywhere"

5. thread starter Guest

Thanks so much for your time and help. I should have read the window more closely. Working now. Appreciate it. Have a great weekend.

6. macrumors regular

xAgustinx

Also, you can download the program and then press ctrl to open it without disable the security.