Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macUser2007

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2007
With Microsoft now on board with the try to use html 5 and not plug ins its just a matter of time when flash is not needed at all.

LOL.

Only someone with very, very, very limited knowledge on the subject would argue that HTML5 can compete (or come remotely close) in "3D gaming" with Flash.

But there are so many here with just such limited knowledge.... :rolleyes:

HTML5 has its purpose, as does Flash. They will both coexist for the foreseeable future.

Apple is making a purely business decision to ban Flash from iOS, then spinning it into some mystical technical mumbo-jumbo.

Which then gets repeated ad nauseam by those Apple fans possessing the very, very, very limited knowledge I mentioned above.

:)

ozgun

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2011
Unity does everything that Flash 3d does but with more mature game pipelines and a wonderful front end that rivals tools like Unreal Engine. It pubishes to stand alone Mac, PC, web, Android, and iPhone. And it's free.

Too little too late, Adobe.

Unity is being transferred to the Flash3D platform now.

Flash 3D is a revolutionary technology for the web and is much more promising than anything equivalent (WebGl or Unity).

I'm a developer currently working on a Flash 3D project I can honestly say that it has nothing to do with VHS tapes (or HTML5).

A huge amount of novel web applications will be possible with the release of Flash 11 in few weeks. This will be a new era and I don't see a reason to resist.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.