Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
well, no links to really link to. no news pages or anything, just to let you all know that Final Fantasy Advent Children has been leaked and is making its way onto the bit torrent scene.

funny thing is its high quality (ive downloaded a sample only on my puny 512kbps line) yet its not a screener -no 'report piracy!' messages. and its DVD quality. amazing. maybe too amazing?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Was it a clip of the movie, or the advertising where the main character (forgot his name, as I generally rename my main character to IAN when I play FF :p ) is on a motorcycle and sees Sephiroth and they have a sword battle?

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
its the full thing. full quality, english subtitles, the lot. 733mb for the film, 8mb for the trailer.

again i say, im quite shocked this got out at such a high quality. must be a leak at Square/Sony/Somehere.

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
Almost more surprising that it hasn't happened earlier.

Edit: And I'll just confirm as well that it's the real thing. Not just a trailer, or clip.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
I just also have to confirm this

It is a horrible movie because anything dealing with FF puts companys out of business. God does FF friggen suck at life. Advent Children more so.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
yea personally I liked FF7 but after that it was a slippery slope. i liked the gameplay not the story too so im pretty much going into Advent Children with no memories of Sephiroth or the gang.

could it be that Square have released something of value since the original FF7 :eek: ... although i did love the remakes of FF1 and 2 on the GBA.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
eva01 said:
It is a horrible movie because anything dealing with FF puts companys out of business. God does FF friggen suck at life. Advent Children more so.

raggedjimmi said:
yea personally I liked FF7 but after that it was a slippery slope. i liked the gameplay not the story too so im pretty much going into Advent Children with no memories of Sephiroth or the gang.

Why so many negative responses about this, or FF in general? It's not THAT bad.

Malus

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2005
People make FF to be some God of a series, when really...its not. Its good, but not "omg" good. I like it, I don't like the fanatics that would do anything for FF...and by anything I mean anything.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
the FF series was good. im playing through 1 and 2 now, getting 3 for the DS. i played a bit of 7 and loved it but 8 to 10-2 just no. 10-2 was absolutely terrible, total fan service. it didn't have the 'feel' of an FF game. and FF11 (if thats that terrible online PC one)? no thanks.

i have no doubt in my mind they will bring a new brilliant episode to the series though :).

dubbz

macrumors 68020
Sep 3, 2003
Alta, Norway
Eh, only FF game I've cared about is some SNES version that was translated from japanese to english by fans. Don't remember which one it was.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
FF 8 was boring, but the story wasn't THAT bad. Just the gameplay was bad. :eek:

FF 9 was okay. The characters were cartoonish, but that's okay in my book.

FF 10 was okay as well. It wasn't great, but it definitely wasn't bad.

FF 10-2 was s***house.

Malus

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2005
Abstract said:
FF 8 was boring, but the story wasn't THAT bad. Just the gameplay was bad. :eek:

FF 9 was okay. The characters were cartoonish, but that's okay in my book.

FF 10 was okay as well. It wasn't great, but it definitely wasn't bad.

FF 10-2 was s***house.

You didnt play VII....gosh.

yippy

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2004
Chicago, IL
They made another Final Fantasy movie? I had no idea about that.

I was a big FF fan back in high school. Played everything from 5 to X-2 (not 11). VII was definitely the best. If they remade it exactly the same only with new graphics I would totally buy it, the game play was awesome.

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
I don't understand how some of you guys can just download it. I'm not talking about the fact that its immoral or whatever. But I mean; its a full length motion film, and you just bittorent it as soon as you find out that you can? Aren't you worried about getting caught? Thats probably the biggest reason file sharing has gone down these recent years...

What's your secret?

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
^^Haha, "what's your secret." That's classic! :D At first I thought it was going to be a lesson on morals.

Malus said:
You didnt play VII....gosh.

Of course I did. I just didn't comment because everyone knows that game was goooood. ;)

Played most of the first 6 games as well, but they sort of blend together and I can't remember which ones I played.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
blaskillet4 said:
I don't understand how some of you guys can just download it. I'm not talking about the fact that its immoral or whatever. But I mean; its a full length motion film, and you just bittorent it as soon as you find out that you can? Aren't you worried about getting caught? Thats probably the biggest reason file sharing has gone down these recent years...

What's your secret?

well until single end-users are being arrested for downloading then there is no secret.

takao

macrumors 68040
Dec 25, 2003
Dornbirn (Austria)
Abstract said:
^^Haha, "what's your secret." That's classic! :D At first I thought it was going to be a lesson on morals.

thought the same as well ;)

i'm not gonna watch any movie based on a computer in a cinema .. so far everyone was simply rubbish ..except perhaps the laser scene from resident evil

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
AHHH! It somehow made its way into my school's network!!!... It took me 2 min 700MB DVD RIP... Why did I fall into temptation! WHY!!! Its just that my iPod was just sitting there... In my pocket... Begging me to use its HD :eek: :eek:

It made its way 6 times... Yes. 6 copies are floating around... In the same network... :eek:

It shouldn't be this easy...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.